Chapter 5

Enjoy :)

Bolin laughed, clutching his stomach.

Mako rolled his eyes. "Shut up", he muttered.

Asami giggled. "Hey. Be nice to him. It was funny".

The group of teens were sitting on Asami's extremely large room. Asami, Opal, and Jinora were laid out on her bed while the guys were comfortably in the large cushy desk chairs.

Bolin, at the moment, was telling them jokes and funny stories. A lot of which were embarrassing moments of Mako and himself. Mako didn't like it one bit.

Asami sighed contently. "I love these days".

"Me too", Bolin agreed, a grin on his face. "No worries. No work to do. Only us five, just joking around and relaxing".

Suddenly he was jabbed in his side.

"Ow!".

He looked over at Mako who was giving him a look.

"What??"

Mako nodded his head towards the doorway. More specifically, Korra, who was standing beside the doorway, her hands clasped together and her head bowed. Asami had honestly no idea what to do with her so she just had Korra stand against the wall until she ever needed her for anything.

Korra did as told and didn't move from her spot and didn't say a word or look at anyone.

Bolin looked at the girl and his eyes widened.

"Oh sorry, Korra".

Korra looked at her name.

"It's alright, Bolin. You did not offend me at all, plus it wouldn't matter even if you did".

Bolin gave her a confused look.

"What do you mean??", he asked.

The others looked at the brown haired girl. Korra shook her head.

"Nothing. Nevermind".

"No", Asami spoke up, suddenly interested. Korra's eyes went to her.

Asami sat up, keeping her eyes on Korra.

"What did you mean it doesn't matter??".

"I mean you're allowed to offend me", Korra said. "Servants can't say anything back so we just take the insult".

Asami was taken back. That wasn't fair.

"Why??. You're a person too".

Korra just shrugged. "It's the way it is, your highness. I'm guessing you've never had a servant before".

Asami nodded. "Correct".

Korra said nothing more. It was quiet.
"Korra", Opal said suddenly. "Cmere".

Korra quietly walked up to them. The teens made room on the bed.

"Sit with us", Opal said, smiling gently. "You must be tired from standing all day".

Korra looked at Asami.

"You want me to sit with you??", she asked.

Asami nodded. "Yeah. Sit down".

Korra sat down on the floor beside the bed. She looked up at them. The others looked at Korra weirdly.

"Uh Korra", Bolin said. "Why are you sitting on the floor??".

Korra looked at him. "Servants are not allowed to sit on their master's bed. Especially if they're royal".

Asami looked at her friends. This was new to her. Were servants allowed to do anything?

"Really??".

Korra gave a nod. "Really".

It was dead silent. Asami stared at Korra. The longer she stared, the more mysterious the young woman was to her.

"So Korra is it??".

Korra nodded. "Yes, your highness".

"Have you served royalty before".

Korra shook her head. "No, your highness".

"What do you think of the castle??" Asami asked.

Korra looked up at her. "It's bigger than I thought it'd be. It's beautiful too".

Asami smiled. "Glad you like it. Now, are you saying that because you mean it but because you don't want to offend me??".

Korra shook her head. "I mean it, your highness. I won't lie to you to save my neck".

Not a liar??. Asami liked that.

"You don't lie??".

Korra shrugged. "Why should I?? The truth always comes out eventually".

Asami went to say more when the bedroom door was thrown up, making them jump. Korra got to her feet as a man barged in. Asami recognized him as General Hamon. He had been put in charge of all the other servants.

Hamon looked right at Korra and pointed at her.

"You. What are you doing in the princess' room??".

Korra didn't say anything as he marched up to her and forcibly grabbed her upper arm.

Korra gasped in surprise.

He raise a hand at her. Korra knew what was about to happen.

"I should have you punished for this, you worthless piece of-".

"STOP".

Korra and General Hamon turned their heads and looked at Asami. Asami was standing up. She didn't look happy.

"Get your hands off of her this instant", Asami said with authority in her voice.

General Hamon was shocked.

"Why are you standing up for a servant girl??".

Asami raised an eyebrow.

"Are you questioning my orders??".

General Hamon released Korra immediately.

"Forgive me, princess", he said.

Asami crossed her arms. How could he just come barging in and try to hurt Korra for no reason?.

"What is your reason for coming in here and treating my servant like that??".

"I didn't realize she was your servant", Hamon said. "I was told of a servant who was in your room and i assumed she was breaking a rule. I apologize".

Asami regained her composure. She stood up tall and straight.

"Make sure this mistake doesn't happen again. You may go, General".

The man bowed. He turned and left, using his magic to close the door behind him.

Asami looked at Korra. Korra looked shooken up.

"Korra. Are you alright??".

Korra nodded. "Yes. Thank you, your highness, for stopping him".

Asami nodded. "You're welcome".

"Why was he going to hit you??", Opal said.

Asami and Korra looked at the others.
The others looked troubled by the scene that had unfolded before them. Asami looked at Korra, waiting for an answer. Korra simply said,

"Because no one cares to stop it".

"I care", Asami said. "It's not fair and I don't like the way he treated you".

Korra looked at Asami then at the floor. She grinned.

"Then you'd be the first I've ever met", she said quietly and truthfully.

Asami was shocked but didn't show it. There was so much going since the servants got there that day. She could tell things were going to get interesting from now on.

So yeah. Hope you liked this chapter :)