Chapter 8

Enjoy :)

Over the few weeks, Asami had continued to stay by Korra's side and was there to ward off anyone that would try and harm or insult Korra.

Asami would do the same for any other servant that needed it but she mostly found herself protecting Korra. They had formed some sort of bond. A sort of friendship.

She couldn't help it. The world just seemed so against the girl. It wasn't fair. Yet she never complained. Not once did Korra ever speak up about someone treating her like dirt or making fun of her. She simply took it with her head held high.

Asami and Korra were currently in Asami's room.

Korra was scrubbing the floor while Asami was sitting on her large bed, reading a book.

Asami had to restraint herself from staring at her. She tried to focus on the words on the paper, but found it extremely difficult. The princess finally gave up and put the book down on her lap and glanced up.

About ten feet across the room, Korra was kneeling on the floor, a bucket filled with soapy water near her.

She watched Korra scrub the floor, eyes down. Asami smirked.

"Scrub any longer and you'll end up wearing the tiles down"

Korra looked up at her. She blushed and looked down.

"Sorry".

Korra took the rough-textured rag in her hand and dunked it into the bucket. She squeezed the excess water out and continued to scrub.

Asami frowned.

"Are you okay??".

Korra didn't look up at her.

"It's nothing you need to worry about", she said. "I'm okay, your highness".

Asami was concerned. If it was bothering Korra and making her so glum and more quieter than usual, then it had to be something to worry about.

Asami closed her book and put it aside. She swung her legs off the bed, having them dangle off the side.

"Korra", she said. "What's wrong??".

Korra shook her head, dismissively.

"It's stupid and I'm just being over dramatic. You shouldn't care about me anyway. I'm just a servant, your highness. Nothing to worry about".

"Korra".

Korra stopped scrubbing. She looked at Asami, who was giving her a look.

"Talk to me, Korra", Asami said. "I do care about you. I don't care how small your problem is. I want to know".

Korra was quiet. She sighed.

"Just stress, your highness. Nothing to worry about. I've just had a lot of chores to do today".

She caught herself and looked at Asami.

"Not that I'm complaining or anything", she said quickly. "I don't mind the work that much and it's not that hard-".

"Korra".

Korra stopped talking, a nervous look on her face.

"You and I both know that's crap", Asami said, "and stress isn't nothing. It's not to be taken lightly".

Asami got off the bed and walked over to Korra. She knelt down in front of her.

"Have you ever ridden a pegasus??".

Korra raised an eyebrow.
-------------------------------------

Korra stared at the four legged creature before her in awe and amazement. Asami led her pegasus over to her, holding the reins.