Chapter 16

Enjoy :)

The next day everything went back to normal. Mako, Bolin, Opal went back to their homes, which their parents were extremely happy to see them and know that they were alright.

As for Asami, she didn't let Korra out of her sight throughout the day nor did she want to. Korra was either in the same room as her or a guard was with her when they were apart which wasn't for long. Korra tries to assure Asami that she'd be fine but Asami wouldn't hear any of it.

But Korra, at the same time, didn't seem to mind being with Asami all day. The two talked while Korra worked or cleaned.

Asami told her many times not to strain herself since she was still a little sick.

"I feel much better, princess", Korra said, smiling. "Don't worry about me".

Asami looked up from the book she was reading. She seemed to be reading a lot ever since Korra came around.

"Well someone has to", she said. "You don't exactly have many people in your life at the moment from what you've told me".

Korra stopped what she was doing. Asami knew she must've hit a soft spot.

"I didn't mean it like that", she said.

Korra nodded. "It's not that and I know".

Asami became curious as to what she was referring to. The princess put the down, turning her body in chair so she was facing Korra.

"Then talk to me".

Korra shook her head, resuming her cleaning.

"It's nothing", she sighed.

Asami was about to ask her again but a knock on her door interrupted her.

"Come in", she called.

The door opened. One of the new advisors Asami's father had appointed named Somook came in, carrying a bucket of water, a rag and a broom. He bowed. Somook was tall and thin. He had a fair complexion and dark hair. He looked to be around his mid 30s.

"Your highness", he greeted.

Asami smiled. "Hello??. How can I help you??".

"We need your slave to help clean up the mess from last night", the man said.

Korra looked at Somook.

Asami was surprised. One because he called Korra a slave. Two, because she didn't think anyone would ask to take Korra away from Asami soon after what happened.

"Is it necessary??", she asked.

The man nodded. "Yes. A lot of the other slaves are busy and we need to get the glass cleaned up as soon as possible.

Asami looked at Korra.

"Fine. But I'll be accompanying her".

Somook was taken back.

"You want to accompany a slave??. Why would want to be around slaves all day??".

Asami couldn't believe he had said that. The man looked at Korra, eying her in obvious disgust and dislike. Asami stood up calmly.

"She is also my friend, Somook. Please refrain from insulting her in front of me".

Asami looked at Korra. The blue eyed girl was looking away, obviously bothered by the insult.

"My apologies, your highness", Somook said.

He turned to Korra.

"Here", he said holding the cleaning items out.