Chapter 6

Enjoy :)

Asami giggled. She watched Bolin play with his spoon flipping it into the air. Her eyes snapped over to Opal who rolled her eyes and went back to her meal.

"This is really good, Asami", Opal commented on the meal.

Asami nodded. "You're right. The chefs did an maxing job".

It was time for lunch and the teens were having lunch with Asami and her parents. Asami's parents didn't mind Asami having her friends over for a meal. They welcomed them with open arms, as if they were their children as well. Asami was glad they got along with her friends.

"So Asami".

Asami looked over at her dad. He was looking at her.

"Yes??".

Hiroshi put his fork down. "I wanted to let you know that Prince Iroh will be coming tomorrow to visit".

Asami gave a nod. "Thanks for telling me".

Asami looked at Opal and Jinora. They gave a look. They all knew this was her parents trying to get her to fall in love and marry.

Not gonna happen.

Asami looked over at her mom who was giving her a look.

"What??", she said.

"Asami", her mom said. "He's a fine lad. He would make a good husband".

Asami sighed and sat back in her chair.

"I believe that, but he's not for me. I couldn't love him".

"We'll you have to try", Hiroshi said. "You're nearly old enough to be queen and you need to marry someone so they can support you and help you".

Asami couldn't believe they were having this conversation.

"What about love??", Asami said. "If I don't love the one I marry, then how could I care about them??".

It was as if they didn't care about what she wanted.

"We'll talk about this later", her father said sternly.

With that, her parents stood up and walked out of the room. As soon as they left, Asami slouched in her chair.
"Asami", Opal said. "It'll be okay".

Asami sighed. "I hope so".

"No offense", Bolin said. "But sometimes I don't like your parents".

Asami smiled at the green eyed lad.

"Me too".

The teens continued to talk while they ate. A maid brought of some bread rolls on a basket and a stick of butter on a small seperate plate and set it out on the table.

"Thank you", Asami said.

The maid curtsied and left. The teens dug into the bread basket. The rolls were warm.

"Oooh", Bolin said, grinning. "If they're warm, then they have to taste delicious".

He took a large bite. His eyes widened.

"Oh my spirits", Bolin said with a mouth full of bread. "This is amazing".

Asami had to agree with him. The bread was soft and tasted great with the butter. The others nodded.

"If you want", Asami said, "I can have a basket full of bread baked for you to take home".

Bolin's face lit up. "Really??".

Asami smiled. "Yeah. I am the princess around here. It's no problem at all".

Bolin reached over and hugged Asami.