Chapter 39

Enjoy :)

Asami pushed open the double doors to the throne room. She was told Korra's parents and their friends were there. Asami had her parents and Korra behind her. Upon entering, she gained the attention of everyone in the room.

King Tonraq and Queen Senna smiled.

"Hey!!", Bolin said, waving excitedly.

Asami grabbed Korra and hid her behind her back. She wanted to surprise them all. The four walked up to the king and queen and their waiting friends.

"Asami", Tonraq said. "I wasn't expecting you. Is there something you need??".

Asami shook her head.

"No. There's just a present I received today and I wanted to share that gift with you all".

Tonraq and Senna looked at each other in confusion then at Asami. Asami had a smile on her face.

"What's one person that you'd like see right now, more than anything??".

Senna caught on and gasped.

"Is Korra here??", she asked.

She stepped closer to Asami. Asami nodded and stepped aside. Gasps were heard from Korra's parents and the other young adults.

Korra smiled.

"Hi", she said with a shy wave.

The king and queen practically ran up to their daughter. They pulled her into a hug, tears in their eyes.

"Mom. Dad", Korra said, tears in her own eyes.

"Oh my spirits", Queen Senna cried, tears running down her face.

She wrapped her arms around Korra, holding her close to her.

Asami smiled. It felt great to see Korra with her parents again. While Korra was gone, the queen was beside herself. She was hardly sleeping or eating. The king had to look after her. The queen nearly got sick at some point in time. She had them all worried. It had taken nearly two years for the queen to recover.

"I missed you", Korra said.

"We missed you too, sweetheart", King Tonraq said.

The family of three pulled away. Senna held Korra's hands.

"You've gotten so big", she said, pride in her voice. "You look so beautiful and strong".

"It's great to be back", Korra said. "I honestly didn't plan on coming back. Asami purchased me and the woman that was kidnapped from the village".

"You brought her home??", Her father said, clearly not expecting that.

The king and queen looked at Asami for confirmation. Asami nodded.

"Yeah. We're having her rest while we contact her husband".

"I'm sure he'll so happy", Senna said.

She looked at Korra and lightly squeezed Korra's hands, unable to keep the smile off her face.

"I'm so proud of you", she said. "You did it".