Chapter 7

Enjoy :)

Asami rose that morning feeling content and we'll rested. Sitting up in bed, the princess rubbed the sleep from her eyes. Asami looked at Korra's bed. She was surprised to find it made and empty.

Where could she have gone off to??.

Asami pulled the covers back and slipped out of bed. She walked over to where her robe was hung up. She took it off the hook on the wall and slipped it on. Suddenly the door to her personal bathroom opened. Asami turned to it.

Korra came out. When she saw Asami, she smiled and said, "Good morning, your highness. Sleep well??".

Asami felt her knees slightly buckle.

That smile. It was a kind and gentle one. A genuine, white toothy smile that Korra didn't have to give her. That smile could probably melt a cold heart.

Asami nearly forgot to reply. She smiled back.

"Yes, thank you. Did you sleep well??".

Korra nodded. "Yes".

Korra walked up to Asami.

"I drew your bath for you".

Asami was then reminded of the harsh reality. She had a servant now. A person that she would have to force to do things for her. Someone that would be doing all physical work for her.

Asami nodded. "Thank you, Korra".

"Your father said to tell you that you will start having breakfast in bed from now on. I'll be bringing it to you every morning".

Asami wasn't expecting that.

"Oh um. Alright then".

Korra turned and headed towards the door.

"Korra".

Korra looked over her left shoulder at Asami.

"Yes??".

"I wanted to make sure that you don't think of me as a spoiled lazy princess who likes to boss someone around all day. I'm not like that".

Korra smiled. "I know, your highness. Anyway, it's not my job to judge you. It's my job to serve you".

Korra then walked out of the room. Asami stood there, thinking. She hated this while thing. Why would anyone want to be a servant??. Especially when their freedom is basically nonexistent.

Asami sighed. She headed towards her bathroom. A nice bath should lift her mood.
---------------

Asami was starting to go crazy over the silence. The only noise in the large bedroom was the clanking of fork and knife on the plate.

Scrabble eggs and sausage on the side. Asami's favorite breakfast.

As she ate, Asami couldn't help but glance at Korra every so often. The servant girl was cleaning and dusting anything and everything. Asami guessed it was to keep her busy.

Asami looked down at her plate. She wondered if Korra was hungry. The princess remembered Korra telling her and her friends that servants ate only at the end of the day. That was so stupid.

Asami looked at Korra. Korra was dusting her bookshelf. She could see Korra secretly reading the covers of each books. Asami didn't mind it one bit. She girl was curious.

Asami liked that. She put aside her tray and stood up. Korra must be noticed and looked at her.

Asami casually walked up to her. Korra stopped dusting. Asami came up to her, smiling.