Chapter 32

Enjoy :)

The chilly wind blew through the dark, shadowy streets of the kingdom. The moon shone brightly in the heavens, being the light source in the nightly hours.

Korra looked around cautiously. She peered around a corner, her trained eye watching for any movement. Nothing. She turned to face Asami, her parents and a few guards.

"The coast is clear", she whispered. "Let's put the plan into action".

Senna and Tonraq hugged her tightly. Korra returned the gesture.

"We love you so very much, Korra", Senna said.

They pulled apart. Senna clung on to Korra. She adjusted the warm cloak on her shoulders.

"Keep safe and behave", she instructed.

"I'll do my best", Korra said.

Senna looked at her daughter, fear and worry in her eyes.

"No matter what", she said. "No matter what people tell you or do to you, you'll always have my love".

Korra smiled. "Thank you. I won't forget".

Korra looked at Asami. Asami had a unreadable expression. Korra walked up to her, releasing her mom. The blue eyed princess walked up to her fiancée. She smiled softly at the light skinned woman.

"Hey".

Asami stared at her. She then grabbed Korra and pulled her in for a hug. Korra was taken by surprise. Arms wrapped around her tightly.

"Please be careful", Asami whispered.

Korra hugged back.

"It's gonna be okay, Asami. It'll just be like old times for me. I haven't really forgotten how to be a servant so it's second nature to me. I'll fit right in and I'll be okay. I know how to survive in that world".

"That's what I'm worried about", Asami said. "You're used to it. You'll have to go back to a world where you're treated like nothing and pushed around and unwanted and walked all over. It hurts thinking about someone treating you like that again".

Korra chuckled, attempting to lighten the mood.

"Well don't worry. I'll be fine".

Asami pulled away and looked at her.

"Come beck in one piece", she ordered.

Korra grinned and nodded.

"Yes, your highness".

Asami gave her a look. Korra giggled. "Fine. Asami".

Asami pressed a kiss to her temple.

"Better", she muttered.

Korra smiled. She looked up at Asami.

"Korral, Asami whispered. "I need to tell you something".

"Yes?", Korra asked.

Asami took her hands and looked her dead in the eyes.

"No matter what happens to you or how much time passes while you're gone, I'll never stop loving you. You'll be the only one I think of. If you're gone for months on end and I become queen with you absent, I promise not to marry anyone until you return which I have faith you will".

Asami pressed their foreheads together gently.

"I know you can do this and I'll see you again one day".

Korra rested her hands on Asami's biceps, gripping them lightly.

"Yes you will", she vowed. "I promise".

Asami leaned in and pressed their lips together firmly. Korra kissed back gently.

The kiss lasted only a few seconds. They pulled away and looked at eachother.

"Just know that I think you're beautiful and loved and goodhearted and special", Asami commented.

She lightly poked Korra's nose. "Never forget that, Korra. I love you so much".

"I love you too", Korra replied wholeheartedly.

Korra pulled away. She slowly turned and put her hood up. She walked out of the shadows. She looked over her right shoulder at her family and Asami one more time. She smiled and then turned and walked away.

Asami felt her heart sink in her chest. She watched as the love of her life walked right into harm's way and couldn't do anything but watch.

Asami looked up at the king and queen. They all sat there for what seemed like hours but it was only about a minute or two. They heard a short scream but it was muted.

They found Korra.

Asami had to fight the urge to run out and help Korra but she couldn't. This was the plan and it had to go off without a hitch.

So she just stood there and listened in the quiet night. As the minutes passed by, the silence was finally broken by the sound of voices.

The royals listened and they hid as best they could. The voices got closer and closer. Then they saw two muscular figures come into view. There were two men there. They stopped right where Asami and Korra's parents could see them perfectly.

Asami felt her stomach lurch as she saw a wiggling body over one of the men's shoulders.

Korra.

"Get her out of here before someone notices", one of the men said, his voice low and rough.

"Yes, sir", the other man, a huge man that wasn't quite human looking, said.

He turned and walked away, Korra's muffled screams fading. Just like that, she was gone. The other man walked another direction, probably to hunt for more victims.

Asami shook her head silently.

"How could someone be so cruel??", she whispered rhetorically.

No one said anything the way back to the castle. They all had one thing on their minds.

Is Korra going to be alright??

Asami walked into Korra's room with a sort of empty feeling in her. It was as if all the joy in her life was gone. She closed the door behind her gently. Asami scanned the empty room.

She felt herself get choked up. The princess walked across the tiled floor to the bed. Sitting down she turned her head to look at the farthest wall where a large partrait of Korra and her was hung.

She liked that painting.

Asami smiled. She looked down at her left hand. The betrothal ring shone in the low light. Asami held up her hand, admiring the gold band.

Lowering her hand, Asami sighed. She used her magic to change her clothes into her nightgown. She decided to go to sleep, tiredness creeping up on her. Getting under the cover, Asami turned off the oil candle lamp. She laid her head down on Korra's pillow. The softness comforted her.

Only a few days, she'd have to wait. Just a few days.

Asami wasn't sure she'd make it that long.

So comment your thought on what you think will happen :)