Chapter 25

Enjoy :)

"Almost finished".

Asami finished up wrapping the medical wrap around Korra's cut up arm. The glass had done a number on her arm. There would definitely be scars, but they'd fade after a while. A long while. Asami put on the metal clasp to keep the wrap on.

Asami looked over at the bowl filled with water that had been set on the bedside table by the healer. There was a small hand towel inside the water.

Asami reached out and picked up the water soaked towel. Ringing the water out, Asami turned to Korra. She scooted closer to her.

"Stay still. This might hurt".

Asami looked at the cut on Korra's forehead. She lightly pressed the towel onto the injury.

"Ow!!", Korra said, wincing, making Asami pull away.

"Sorry", Asami said.

"It's fine", Korra said.

Asami resumed lightly dabbing the towel onto the slightly bleeding injury.

"Thank you", Asami said, "for protecting me. That must've been scary battling for your life".

"It wasn't so bad", Korra said. "I was more concerned about you since you were asleep so anything could've happened to you".

Korra shrugged.

Asami lowered her hand.

"Are you sure you're okay??", she asked. "You know you can talk to me, right??".

Korra nodded, looking at her lap.

"I know", she sighed, her shoulders sagging. "I don't know. I guess I'm just still trying to process what just happened".

Korra looked up at Asami.

"My uncle nearly tried to kill me again and he almost did. He had a blade pressed up against my throat. I had to do something. So I used my waterbending to form an icicle and stabbed it into him".

Asami thought about it, a mental picture in her head of what happened.

"Well", she said, continuing to wipe the blood away.

"You're safe now and you don't have to worry about him anymore".

"How do you know that??", Korra asked, anxiety and uncertainty in her eyes.

"What if he escapes or has someone else try and kill me for him".

"Korra", Asami said. "That is very unlikely to happen. No one wants your head on a platter other than him and I'm going to be damned if he ever tried to hurt you again".

Asami motioned to Korra's appearance.

"I mean look at you. He really hurt you. He nearly killed you and I won't take any chances. He's never getting out. We're going to take his powers away somehow since he had to have gotten them from somewhere. You're going to be fine".

Korra smiled gently.

"Sorry, I just wouldn't be surprised if he did find a way out".

It was silent. Asami continued to clean up Korra's bloody face. She took in every cut and scrape and bruise. Asami felt the protective so in her starting to come out.

"I'd never let anything happen to you", she said.

"I know".

Asami pulled the towel away.

"There".

Asami looked Korra over fir any open wounds or cuts that needed to be treated. When she found now, she said, "You should be all done. Let me help you change out of that that".