Chapter 9: Octavius

'' Your - Your Mate'' She spoke lowly as she took a few steps back. I nodded in response and I could tell a part of her was happy about it but the other was a bit freaked out.

''I- I don t deserve a Mate you I-''

''Hey what are you talking about, everyone deserves a Mate'' I didn't care if she moved away or not but I needed her to know that she deserved Mate just like everyone else. I made the mistake of giving up on looking for mine but I regret not looking for her sooner. And at Xzavier's territory. A place I've been to a few times, but I never picked up on her scent.

'' I'm an abomination I'm not-'' I stopped her by cupping her face in my hands.

''No, you're not, who told you that'' I was getting angrier by the moment just by the thought of her thinking less of herself and who ever put that ridiculous idea in her head. I knew I was scaring her but she needed to know she wasn't an abomination or anything else she was thinking.

''they did, please let go'' I wasn't going to but when I saw the tears swelling up in her eyes. I lowered my hands.

''Who did honey?'' My mother spoke out and came to rest her hand on her shoulder and stood beside me.

''My pack they-''

I didn't need to know more. I saw the emotions flowing through her eyes. This time when I saw the fear it wasn't of me. She was scared of her pack. That was when it all made sense. Why she was nervous and scared these past couple of days why she was afraid we would send her back, how she would occasionally flinch at certain movements. I noticed this all last night before she fell asleep next to me. How we fell asleep on the couch.

She was mistreated and that only made me angrier. I heard my mother call out for me but I was already out the door. I needed to run, I needed to punch something. Anything.

I would help her. Only if she let me. Only if she would let me at least touch her without moving away. She was fine with her hand being held but that was all. I don't know what her pack did to her but by the looks of it, it wasn't good.