Chapter 39: Lilian

I woke up in the hospital. My shoulder and chest fully healed but left the scars behind.
"Sage?"
I asked once I noticed her sitting there in the chair with Little Jack on her lap and a book in hand.
She looked up smiling and not teary eyed which was good.
"You know you had us scared to death right?"
She spoke in an almost scolding kind of way. That was when Daniel walked in and I could stop myself from hugging him.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have ran off like that but I-"

"I understand I would have left me behind to if I saw my Mate in trouble"
He hugged me back but made it short and quick.

He looked from me to Sage.
What was it?
"well I'm ecstatic to know you healed nicely. Where's Octavius?"
I took a step back looking at both of them. They didn't say anything but remained silent.

"I'm going to get a Soda. It's weird in here"
Said little Jack as he got up and edited the room.

"Lilian..."
Sage trailed off and began playing with the hem of her shirt.
I looked to Daniel.

"You know a neck shot is a kill shot, I'm surprised he lasted this long"
Daniel said causing the tears to well up.

"No, n-no where is he?"
I was getting impatient.
Daniel looked down not meeting my eyes.

"Look at me"
I demanded and so he did placing his hands behind his back and standing straight.
"Where is he?" I asked once more and I'll be damned if I was going to ask again. I wanted to know what happened to my Mate.

"The neck wound was deep but it was still healing like normal. His side though, he was bit right at his ribs causing some to break which was painful to heal. But he's-"
I took a step back and wrapping my arms around my waist.

"I would feel it if he-"

"He's not dead. Daniel you made her think- ugh out"
Sage stood up abruptly and pointed him out of the room. Still yelling at him.

"He's asleep. I'll snack Daniel for not getting to the point. His ribs were fractured not broken and healed a tad slowly. But he was to worried asking about you when he woke up still in the process of healing but then Daniel requested something to calm him down before he tore the room apart"

Relief flooded over me. He was okay. This was great last thing I remember was him falling beside me lifeless. But he was okay.
The saddened tears turned to joyful ones and I was overwhelmed. Xzavier didn't kill him, he was alive and breathing.

"Can I-I see him?" I choked out. Without hesitation Sage have me a short and shirts no doubt Octavius's. I looked at her with a raised brow.

"I just grabbed it I wasn't going take the time and go through your cloths"
Not that I was complaining. I was overwhelmed by his scent it made me feel even better.

"This way"
She features down the hall and I followed not needing directions all I had to do was follow what was left of his scent I managed to sniff out.
Coming to his room I opened the door to see him wide awake and putting on his shirt.
Once again without hesitation I took off full sprint and embraced him causing him to take a step back. Once noticing he wrapped his arms around me and picked me up so my legs dangled from the floor. I had to wrap them around him to hold into him.

"I thought you- they- I- saw-"
I choked out taking his face in my hands and looked at his neck and then looked in his eyes.
"You're okay"
I had to reassure myself.
He only nodded and kissed me.

"You should have never take that hit for me. You could have died Lily, and I couldn't have handled it. I was terrified and angry that he might have-"
I cut him off by pressing my lips to his. He responded immediately.

"I know and I'm sorry but where I was standing he would be done what you did to him. And I couldn't watch it so I did the only stupid thing I could think of"

"Still you shouldn't have put yourself in that situation"
He told me. And I nodded in both agreement and disagreement. He would have done the same for me.
But right now all I wanted to do was kiss him.
For what seemed forever the sound of someone clearing their throat caught out attention.
Still holding me we turned our attention to the female doctor standing there with a grin.

"I... um hello Alpha, Luna. I thought you might be here. You guys are free to go as long as your well enough to"
She spoke almost shyly. Almost. But the way she was fidgeting with the clip board in her hand told me she had something else to say.

Once Octavius put me down I turned my back to him as he wrapped his arms around me.
"Is there anything else?"
I asked but she was still fidgeting.

"No...Yes... you... Luna do you have a minstrel cycle?"
I hesitated and nodded. Feeling suddenly weird.

"Yes but so does every female. Wolf or not..."
She went tense there for a moment.
"Yes of course but have you had yours this month?"

I walked away from Octavius so I was now standing in front of her.
I had to think for a moment did I have my cycle?
"Actually no. But I've-"

I stopped once. She handed me the clip board that held some medical sheet.
"Get to the point"
Octavius spoke. The doctor last nodded and pointed to a spot on the paper.

What I seen almost made me scream out in surprise.

"No?" I spoke to myself.
"Yes Luna, I didn't know how to bring it up when you two were um... Any way. It's positive"

"What's positive?"
I felt his curiosity spike as he came and stood beside me.

"Are you sure?" I asked still a little surprised and a little shocked.
"Yes Congratulations"
She smiled and after handing the clip board back she left the room and I turned to face a very confused yet happy, yet excited Mate.

"Did I read that correctly?"
He asks referring to the positive paper.

I nodded.
"I think so..."
He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me.
"We're pregnant"
He half shouted. Half whispered causing me to laugh.

"We're pregnant"

JZ