Chapter 24: Octavius

I watched as Daniel tried to comfort his Mate while I helped mine.
Each wolf is different and some are the same when it comes to the hormones. It's the men I feel bad for.
Yes I may be an Alpha but no man looks forward to their pregnant mate's pregnancy.

After Daniel and Sage went home. Arguing no doubt about how rabbit, pickles and jello don't go good together no matter her cravings. Which only made her mad at him.

'Guess who's sleeping on the couch'

It hasn't even been five minutes.

Once the last of the mess was cleaned. I spent half the afternoon with either pack paperwork or phone calls.

Lily sat on the couch reading some book. The way her leg laid out on the couch as the other layer off of it swinging carelessly in those shorts-

"Don't even think about it"
She said looking up from her book with a half-smile on her face.

"Sorry"
I wasn't really. Once I got a taste I wanted more.

'You and me both, damnit what is wrong with me?'

I laughed at her thought. Her thoughts are so easy to read, that is until she learns to put up the barrier.

"Stay out of my head"
She said throwing something at me. She missed just by a centimeters.

"And next time I'll aim" she went back to her book. Here lately I've been noticing the change of her personality. It went from being scared and flinched at every other little moment. Then she was developing an attitude and confidence and I liked it.
The sides of her mouth turned up in the corners pricing she heard me.

"I'll stay out of you stay out"

She huffed and put the book down looking at me. "You let me in on purpose"

Guilty.

I laughed as she got up and made her way to the door mumbling.

Great now back to paperwork.
'You're hot when you're riled up'
I told her before I put up the mind block.

Before shutting the door I heard her talking to I only assume Jack since he would be the only other male I smell in the house. I wasn't worried he was seven and so far proven me wrong about bringing a threat our way. Plus I had no choice but to trust the kid since Lily was taken by him. And I didn't want to hurt her by sending him away or worse making her hate me for putting back in the cellar. Yes he's done no harm so I've been lenient.

"Well he can just bite me" I heard her tell him. Drawing me from my thoughts

"Already have" I shouted down the stair as I shut the door.

Now to get back to work.