Chapter Three

☁︎

Anna

I could feel his eyes on me as the class droned on. I had to resist the urge of rolling my eyes. Just ignore it. All I had to do was make sure I didn't look into his eyes, or get close enough to touch. I'd heard enough disgusting thoughts that you'd think I would be used to it. But I wasn't. It never made me any less uncomfortable.

I tried to recall what this new boy's name was, though it didn't matter, I was curious. ...Namjoon? No, that was the class president. My thoughts turned to him. It was strange, I recognized him, but I couldn't recall where I'd seen him before. It was an annoying little feeling that irked me, a memory in the back of my head that refused to resurface. Of course, I'd gone to school with him for two years, and I'd seen him around. But I knew that wasn't the reason I remembered him.

I wanted to turn my head and get another glimpse of Namjoon, but he was beside the new boy who sat next to me, refusing to turn his eyes away. I frowned slightly at his stubbornness. Well, it doesn't matter. He'll give up. They all do. Maybe the new kid would pursue me for a while, but soon enough, he'd be gone, just like the rest. I knew that for sure. They were all the same.

☁︎

The bell rang and I quickly snapped back to reality, cursing myself for not paying attention. As the teacher packed up, the noise grew again, giving me a second to slump slightly forward and sigh. But I had barely relaxed when a deep voice sounded beside me.

"Is it just me or did that class seem ten times longer than an hour?"

I turned my head slightly, to confirm my thoughts. And I was correct, the voice belonged to the new boy. He was giving me a smile.

"I'm Kim Seokjin. Sorry for being so forward, but you're really bea-"

I stood up before he could finish, pausing for just a second, before turning around and making my way over to Hye's desk.

"Ah, Anna! That teacher was so boring!" She whined as I approached.

I smiled and sat down in the empty desk behind her, its owner probably off talking to friends. Although I tried not to turn away, curiosity got the best of me, and my eyes flicked over to Seokjin. He watched me carefully. His smile had turned into a knowing smirk. A smirk that seemed to say "challenge accepted."

Namjoon

I leaned back and stretched my arms wide as the teacher closed the door behind him. I was grateful for the first class to be over, but I wished it was the last class. Better here than at home, I reminded myself. I sighed and straightened up, gathering my things for the next class.

"Is it just me or did that class seem ten times longer than an hour?" Jin said beside me.

I turned to him with a small frown, until I noticed he was speaking to Anna. My frown turned into a small smile. I watched as she turned her head slightly, not meeting his eyes.

"I'm Kim Seokjin. Sorry for being so forward, but you're really be-"

He was stopped as she stood abruptly. Without even a glance his way, Anna turned and stalked towards her loud friend. I shook my head and continued gathering my things.

"Yah, new kid." Hoseok had witnessed the scene as well. "Trust me, don't even try talking to her."

"Why?" Jin asked, still watching Anna.

"She's the ice queen when it comes to dating. You might as well give up now." Hoseok followed his gaze. "Just ask every other boy at this school."

I watched Anna with them now. She turned her icy eyes to Jin for second, before she broke the gaze and turned away completely.

"Well, obviously, I'm not like every other boy at this school," Jin said haughtily.

"Just trying to save you from a crushed heart. I'm not even sure she likes boys."

"You think she likes girls?" Jin turned to him.

"I don't know. Anything's possible with Geum Shin Anna. She's a mystery."

"Then I'll figure her out," Jin said confidently.

Hoseok shook his head and went back to his desk, giving up. I gave Jin a critical glance before also turning away.

He'd fail. That was for sure. They all did.

☁︎