Epilogue

☁︎

Namjoon looks towards Anna, who sends him a thumbs up and a small smile. The smile sends butterflies through his stomach, but a renewed confidence in his decision. So he lets out a slow sigh and nodded to the hairdresser, who grins and begins.

"Alright so listen, dude, I'm gonna make you look sick, so don't even worry about it, ok?" The young man assures Namjoon. "I'm gonna make you look so fine that people won't even wonder how you got such a hot girlfriend."

"She's not hot," Namjoon murmurs, as these words have become a common phrase for him. "She's beautiful."

He watches Anna as the hairdresser does whatever will make him "hot" enough to deserve Anna. And he makes a mental note to not tell Anna what the hairdresser said about people wondering how someone like him could get a girl like Anna. She can get really mad when people say things like that.

Instead, Namjoon focuses on new beginnings. Like a new hair color. And university. Now that high school is over. And when Namjoon is done, and his hair a light blonde, Anna can't stop staring and Namjoon can't stop blushing.

And he feels happy. And so does she.

Because she feels accepted for who she is, and he feels loved for something more than success in school.

So when they leave the hairdresser, wide eyed and warm faced, Anna can't help but grab Namjoon's hand to stop him for a moment. And when he turns around to face her, wondering why they paused, Anna stands on her tiptoes and leans forward.

And then suddenly her lips are pressed against his, and both concur to themselves that this is something they've wanted to do for a really long time.

☁︎

Anna

"I'm not exactly sure--"

"Just do it! Namjoon, I've been drinking alcohol since middle school. Everyone has."

"Everyone has? That's a terrible reason to do something," Namjoon says, eying the shot glass with dismay.

"Yeah okay, Mr. Innocent. If all your rap lyrics are gonna say something about 'burning alcohol in your throat' then they should at least contain some truth," I reply teasingly, shoving it towards him.

He sighs and reluctantly picks it up.

"Okay, fine. One shot. But that's it. I'm only doing this for you," Namjoon tells me begrudgingly.

He studies the liquor for a moment longer, then he downs the small glass with a grimace.

"Ugh! Disgusting!" Namjoon sputters as he slams it back onto the table.

I let him recover from his exaggerated coughing fit, shaking his head and wiping his mouth.

"You're such a baby," I tell him.

Namjoon finally calms down, then glances up at me with a familiar twinkle in his eyes that is perpetual now, and never fades. The cold night has left his cheeks full of pinkish coloring, and his newly died hair hangs, windswept, over his bright eyes. He is perfect.

"My baby," I blurt without thought.

Namjoon looks surprised for a second too, sharing my wide-eyed gaze. Then he breaks into a breathtaking, truly happy smile. One I will never forget.

"Yeah," he says, almost giddy. "Your baby."

☁︎
Thanks for sharing in this journey with me.

Love u guys