Chapter Nineteen

☁︎

Anna

As I unlocked the door to my house and stepped inside, my mind couldn't stop whirling from all that had happened in just one morning. First of all, I had Jimin's phone number now. I still wasn't sure how that came about, but it was such an unusual thing for me. I had a guy's number in my phone, that wasn't my dad's or Namjoon's. Not only that, but a guy who I'd just met. It wasn't even the fact that it was Jimin, I mean he had a girlfriend and everything. I just never willingly asked for a guy's phone number. The second strange thing was how coincidental the whole situation was. Jimin was a regular visitor of the venue that may or may not be the reason for the name on Namjoon's secret box. Jimin had told me that his girlfriend was a performer at Ignis, and his reason for going there. He told me he'd text me the address, then I suddenly had his contact information. I guess I'd just never gotten around to telling him I already had the address from the web search the day before.

But the one thing I was most confused about was why. Why in the world was I doing all this anyway? Why was I so intent on figuring out about the underground rapping scene now? Why was I so stuck on getting Namjoon back to doing what he did in middle school? You're bored. That's why. I tilted my head, surprised. Because it was true.

☁︎

A few hours later, I found myself laying in bed, but watching my dark phone screen intensely. I didn't remember how long I'd been in this position, but it had definitely been for much longer than necessary. Honestly, I was waiting. I was waiting for Namjoon to text me, to ask me to come over and help him study for the history test we had in a week. But it had been almost a day, and he still hadn't contacted me. And there was no way I'd text him first. That's not how it worked for me.

I licked my lips in anticipation, but after another five minutes had passed, I let out a frustrated sigh. I ended up just letting my phone fall onto my belly. But as it hit me, a sudden notification sound rang out in my silent bedroom. I immediately sat up and grabbed the phone.

I felt like a deflated balloon as I read the name of the sender. Hye. I groaned and laid back down, phone still in hand. She was a "friend" from school, who I hadn't actually spoken to for a while.

"What time should we pick you up?" The text asked.

I frowned, now confused.

"For what?" I replied.

I tilted my head in thought, trying to remember what was going on today. Maybe she was the one mistaken.

"Um, the party? At Jin's? Gosh, Anna."

My eyes widened. Jin's party was today? I guess so...I realized, thinking back to his invitation. I wrinkled my nose in remembrance. I would have to tell Hye I was sick or something.

"Not feeling so hot. Next time?" I replied.

"But you said that yesterday," she replied immediately.

I could almost hear her whining.

"I'm still sick. It's takes a bit to get better."

"If you're feeling good enough to work, than you can come to this party. You absolutely can't miss it, Anna."

"How did you know I was working this morning?"

The question might of made it sound like she'd caught me in a lie, but I doubted Hye would be able to put that all together on her own.

"Min Ha said she saw you when she went earlier. Talking with some cute guy, by the way, which you need to give me details about!"

I let out an "ugh." I couldn't really make up an excuse now. And it would be strange for me to not go to a party. All my friends were going. I needed to keep up.

"Hyun Ra is taking us, so you need to give me a time."

I twisted my ring in thought. I supposed I could just try to avoid Jin; there was no doubt his house was large. Large enough for this huge party that apparently everyone knew about.

"9 is fine," I finally responded, throwing my phone onto the other side of the bed.

☁︎

A few hours later, I was sitting in Hyun Ra's fancy car, with four other girls squeezed in around me. It was extremely uncomfortable, but mostly because I could barely concentrate with multiple people bantering in my head at once. I had insisted on sitting up front, but Hyun Ra's boyfriend had already claimed it, and would definitely not be giving it for me. So I'd opted for a window seat, but somehow ended up in the middle. And now they were talking and thinking so loudly that, in this small vicinity, I couldn't tell which words were thoughts and actual conversation.

"I mean what a way to start of his transfer. Throwing a house party?" Someone said.

"That's so hot."

Was that a thought?

"I wonder who's gonna get with him first."

"Anna's the prettiest, everyone knows that."

"Yeah, but she wouldn't even look at him."

"She thinks she's too good for everyone."

Please let that be a thought. It had to be a thought. No one would say that our loud, right in front of me. Right? I let out an unnoticed moan and tried to look out the window over Hye, who sat beside me. Now I was really starting I feel sick. I was about to close my eyes and try to silence my head, when u realized I recognized the area we were in. It was Namjoon's neighborhood. My eyes grew even wider when we pulled into the driveway of the house that sat in full view of the yard I stormed across yesterday. Jin is Namjoon's next door neighbor? Another crazy coincidence to add to my list.

As soon as the car doors opened, I fought my way through the group of slow bodies that blocked me from escaping the cramped space. Relief flooded through me as my mind grew quiet again. But dread soon overcame the feeling when I realized that the actual hard part had arrived.

"Come on, Anna. What are you waiting for?" Ji Soo asked me as the group hurried to the large front doors.

I refrained from sending her a scowl and headed towards them. I was almost positive she was the one who'd thought that "she thinks she's too good for everyone" comment.

Loud music trickled out to the front yard where we stood; I already felt a headache coming on. Hyun Ra rang the door bell multiple times, setting alarms off in my head. What is she doing?! Why isn't she just walking in?! Now Jin is going to answer it and see us! I rolled my eyes at her actions and my ridiculous thoughts. Showing up at his party didn't mean I was into him. I had to show I couldn't care less.

"Welcome everyone. Come on inside," Jin said with a slight smile as he opened the door.

He's eyes landed on me, and his smile grew. I scoffed and walked inside, past him.

"I'm so glad you could make it, Anna," Jin said as I passed by.

I ignored him and continued into the house. This was going to be a long night.