Chapter Fifty

☁︎

Anna

Namjoon looked back to me again, chewing his lips nervously and squeezing my hand tightly.

"Are you sure about this? Maybe I should be a one hit wonder," he said, glancing back to the stage again.

From where we were backstage, I could see Yoongi standing and speaking into the microphone, a fairly rare smile on his face. Jungkook, Jimin, Hoseok, even Taehyung, all stood right by the curtain that covered where we stood from the audience's eyes.

"Namjoon, not only can you absolutely do this, but I know you also, really, really want to. So just get up there and do it," I urged him, holding his hand back tight.

"But I..." Namjoon locked eyes with mine, looking apprehensive, but still, excited. "I'm sort of not ready. I don't even know if I know all my lyrics."

"Namjoon, remember how many times you came over here to practice with Yoongi? You got this."

Namjoon, to my surprise, pulled me into a quick, tight hug. I held him back, feeling a blush form on my face. Hoseok was calling him then, telling him it was time. And then he was pulling away, his eyes wide but ready. And then he and the boys began to walk onto stage, and the crowd went crazy. I clapped as well, turning around to race out to see them with everyone else.

Instead I ran right into Kim Seokjin.

"Seokjin," I said, stepping backwards and putting my hands on my hips.

He watched me back closely.

"You're late."

Jin smiled then, one of his genuine smiles that I still wasn't used to. And he stepped forward.

"Just trying to make things more exciting," he replied.

With that, Jin ran past me and out into the spotlight, and I watched as Jimin gave him a hug in relief. With a smile, I stepped out the backstage door and out into the roaring crowd.

The music was already beginning as I pushed towards the front, trying to get a good look at the seven boys on stage. Namjoon was at the front, staring out onto the crowd, still looking nervous. But then he met my eyes, melting into a smile that I shared, and he began.

"Been trying to tell this..." I knew now he was only talking to me, and I knew, despite the English words he was using, what he was saying. "I was supposed to tell you this...But this is all for you."

And so it began.

The beginning of our happiness.

☁︎
A/N: thanks for being part of my happiness guys.