Chapter Twenty-Seven

☁︎

Namjoon

"I can't believe I'm doing this," I whispered again.

Anna, who stood impatiently by the open car door, crossed her arms. The boys had already gone in, now it was just us too.

"Namjoon, you're already here now. You've already been here before. What's the point of going back now?" Anna pointed out. "Plus, you're the one who wanted to return."

"I know, but..." I bit my lip and glanced at the dark, stone staircase that led to the club entrance. "Anna...maybe we should go back."

Letting out an annoyed sigh, Anna reached down and grabbed my wrist. I looked up at her in surprise, and stumbled out as she pulled me away from the car. I didn't try to resist; my legs wouldn't let me. So Anna pulled me to the stairs.

"Anna, you know, it is a Sunday night," I reminded her. "Maybe we should just come back next Friday?"

"If you don't stop, Kim Namjoon, I'm not going to let go of your hand for the whole night," she threatened.

I blinked again, feeling heat creep up into my face despite the chilly air.

"F-fine, I'll go," I mumbled.

When we finally stepped into the loud venue, I suddenly remembered why I'd wanted to return so badly. The look of just plain freedom still showed on everyone's faces. Being here made everyone forget about the outside world, the fact that the next day was Monday, and that we were all so different in actuality. Being together, swaying to the loud music, listening to the talent from the stage, pulled everyone into one sweaty union.

I let out the huge sigh of relief that I'd been holding since we'd left the night before.

"Finally! What took you guys so long?" Taehyung asked; the three younger boys we'd come with were suddenly beside us.

"Namjoon was being his usual self for a second, so we had some trouble," Anna told them.

Jungkook let out a loud and forced sounding laugh.

"Yah," I muttered, feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Well, you're here now, so let's get a better view!" Jimin said in excitement. "Hoseok hyung is starting soon."

We all began to migrate to the center where it was most crowded. Anna had looked just as relieved as me when we'd first entered, but now for some reason she had a pained look on her face. I suddenly recalled the fact that she had some sort of phobia of physical contact.  But then what about just a few minutes ago? I wondered. "...I'm not going to let go of your hand for the whole night..."

"Anna, are you okay?" I asked her anyway.

She turned to me with wide eyes.

"Hm? Oh, uh, y-yeah," she lied.

I gave her a look, grabbing her hand.

"If you lie again, Geum Shin Anna, I'm not going to let go of your hand for the whole night."

She let out a snort and shook her head. And suddenly, I felt myself break out into a wide grin. I smiled.

I smiled at Anna.

☁︎

Anna