Chapter Forty-Nine

Two Months Later...

☁︎

Namjoon

"Anna?"

"Of course, Namjoon, who else?"

"Well, I don't know. Hoseokie calls at really random times," I said with a long yawn blurring my words.

"Namjoon, this is why you need to let me show you how to make a contact list..." she groaned, tired obviously.

It was only six in the morning.

"I have everyone's number memorized so it's not necessary," I insisted.

"Obviously not! You thought I was Hoseok just now!" She huffed; I felt her annoyance over the phone.

"Now hold on a moment, I knew it was your number. I just like to check— listen why were you calling again?"

Finally she cracked and let out a soft chuckle. It was probably from sleep deprivation. Anna could get so giggly when she was sleepy.

"Just making sure you've taken your meds," she said with another yawn. "I knew you'd be awake by now. You and your crazy sleep schedule. Down at eight, up at 6. Blah. Crazy punk."

She was rambling now. I had to make her go back to sleep.

"I've got them right here, okay?" I replied with a chuckle, and a slight rattle of the pill bottle. "So go back to sleep."

But instead, Anna made me FaceTime her and watch as I had the correct amount and swallowed them down. I made sure to tell her I'd eaten breakfast before she could freak out about medicating on an empty stomach. When she'd finally hung up, I let out a sigh of contentment and laid back against my bed. I'd been taking the antidepressants for a little longer than a month now, and Anna would always try and call me right before bed and right when I awoke.

Things had started off shaky. It took my mother a couple of weeks and a lot of unwelcomed visits from Anna before finally accepting that I needed a doctor. But when I'd finally gone, I was the one to hesitate and try to resist. But Anna wouldn't let me.

Obviously things would never be the same. And there would be moments when maybe I wouldn't feel improvement, when maybe I would want to give up. But now I felt a new feeling that I'd never had before.

That maybe I could find happiness on my own.

☁︎

"Namjoon!"

I turned around to see Anna jogging up to me. Smiling sheepishly, I sent her a small wave. She wrapped her arms around me as soon as we caught up to each other. I could feel my face heat up, still not accustomed to the racing of my heart as she grew close.

"Ah! Look at these two punks, aigoo!" Hoseok teased as he threw the rest of books into his bag, slamming his locker shut. "Namjoon, you know you've landed the hottest girl in school, right?"

"Hoseok, you're the only person I'd ever let call my 'hot.' But you better be careful," Anna warned, pulling away begrudgingly.