A Study In Pink (Part 1)

A/n: Now that this story is completed, I'm going to go through each of the chapters and just do editing. It's all going to be grammar/punctuation mistakes. I won't be changing the storyline or adding anything.
I will remove this author's note as soon as I am finished.

I hope you enjoy this story!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You sat in the backseat of a cab on your way to Central London. You were in the process of finding a flat and a new job. A fresh start is what you were looking for.
The cab stopped just outside of a cafe on Baker Street. You stared up at the building and nodded to yourself. Yes, this would be a prime spot to live.
The cabbie waited a bit impatiently for you to pay him. After you did that, you approached the black door that read 221B and knocked. An elderly woman answered.

"Good afternoon!" You greeted.

"Oh," She said in response.

You tilted your head at the surprise in her voice. "Sorry, were you expecting someone else?"

"Oh! No, dear. Come on in."

You did as instructed. The landlady shut the door behind you. "Now then, you must be the one who called about the flat."

"Yes, ma'am," You said with a nod.

"Well, I'm Mrs. Hudson, the landlady."

You smiled kindly at her. "I'm y/n. Nice to meet you."

She smiled back. "All right, let me just grab the keys, and I'll show you to the flat."

Mrs. Hudson led you up the first flight of stairs. She pulled out her key ring searching for the key that would unlock the door. You waited patiently. She turned the key in the lock and pushed open the door. You stepped inside.
The place was small, one bedroom, one bathroom. A decent sized living area and kitchen. You couldn't help the small smile that formed on your lips. You hadn't even explored the whole place yet, but you knew that this was the place to be.
Suddenly, a loud knock sounded downstairs. The landlady jumped slightly. She turned towards the door.

"Have a look around, dear. I've got to see who that is."

You nodded while venturing further into the flat. Flicking on the lights in the living room, you were able to see everything much better. You nodded to yourself once again. This place was perfect. You headed back out of the flat.

"Mrs. Hudson!" You called out, making your way downstairs. The landlady met you at the bottom of the steps. "The place is perfect, Mrs. Hudson. I should very much like to live here."

***

You quickly put your plans into motion. You didn't waste any time to start moving into the flat. At the very least, you wanted to get the necessary items inside. To name a few would be: your bed, some clothes, your dresser, anything to make it so that you could sleep there that night. As you exited your flat to get another box, you immediately ran into someone.

You gasped. "Oh my, I am so sorry!"

"It's alright," The man said with a slight chuckle.

As he straightened himself out, you took notice of the cane he was holding. You mentally scolded yourself, thinking that you nearly knocked over a crippled man.

"Do you need any help? Are you sure you're okay?" You asked.

The man shook his head, still smiling. "I'm all right. I'm just headed right up there," He said, indicating the flat above you.

"Oh!" You exclaimed. "So you're my neighbor!"

"Well, not exactly. We're looking to share a flat."

You nodded. "You and your girlfriend?"

"Girl...no! No, no!" He said quickly. "No, uhm...no, it's hard to explain. I really don't know much of anything about my potential flat mate."

"Ah! I see! Well I hope to see you again..." You trailed off, realizing the two of you hadn't actually introduced yourselves.

"John. John Watson." He extended his hand to you.

You shook it. "Nice to meet you John! I'm y/n."

"Y/n," He repeated. "Very nice to meet you."

You smiled, a slight blush coating your cheeks. "Right then, well, I have some more unpacking to do."

"Of course," John said stepping out of the way.

The two of you walked away from each other, you going down the stairs and him going up. One question lingered in your mind: Who was John Watson's flat mate?