Chapter 18

*CALUM'S P.O.V*

"Heidi, why are you crying?" I asked, awkwardly patting her back. We were standing in the middle of a doorway, and I watched as Luke and Bentley went into a closet a little ways down. I expected a reaction from Bentley, but not Heidi.

"I don't know." She pulled away from me, wiping her fingers under her eyes. Red blotches covered her cheeks and her eyes were a little swollen. "I mean, I've seen you guys live before, maybe it's just Bentley's emotions and how sweet that dedication was." She took in a shaky breath and smiled weakly at me. I could tell that there was something more, but I didn't want to press it right here, right now.

"Okay." I put my hand on the small of her back and guided her into our dressing room. Ashton jumped up and enveloped her in a bear hug, lifting her off the ground.

"Ash, put me down." Heidi said, a slight edge to her voice.

Ashton lowered her to the ground, and she walked to a chair, plopping down. She pulled out her phone, ignoring the rest of us. Michael gave me a strange look, and I shrugged my shoulders in response.

"You've got to be kidding me." She groaned, throwing her phone on the table in front of her.

"Um Heidi?" Ashton said cautiously.

"What?"

"This is probably a stupid question, but are you alright?" he tentatively walked closer to her, leaning on the table.

She sighed. "I'm grand. Just freaking peachy." She shot me a glare and got up, storming out of the room.

"Calum, what the hell did you do?" Michael asked me.

"I have no fucking clue." I ran my fingers through my hair, looking at the door. "Should I follow her?"

"No shit Sherlock." Ashton sarcastically said, picking up Heidi's phone, handing it to me. I took her phone and jogged out of the room.

I had no idea as to what her problem was, but I planned on finding out before I left. I asked a crew member if they saw her, describing her in detail.

"Yeah, she went into the bathroom." the guy said, pointing to the handicap bathroom down the hall.

I walked over, knocking on the door.

"Occupied." I heard Heidi mutter.

"Hey." I said through the door.

"What do you want?"

"You left your phone." I pushed on the handle, testing to see if it was locked, which it was.

"Keep it." I heard the water turn on, full blast.

"Heidi, open the damn door." I hit my fist on the door, probably not the best idea. "Please." I added as an afterthought.

I heard a click and the door opened, showing a pissed off girl. I pushed past her, closing and locking the door behind me.

"What's your problem?" I asked, handing her phone to her.

"Nothing, Jesus." She walked to the sink, leaning her back against it.

"Liar."

"You've got to be kidding me." Her brown eyes settled harshly onto my own, staring me down. "You really have no clue?"

"Heidi, if I knew why the fuck you're so pissed, do you really think I'd be asking you right now?"

"UGH!" she shouted, throwing her hands up in frustration. "How oblivious can you be?" a tear trickled down her cheek, but she brushed it away quickly.

"What Heidi?" I said calmly. "Are you jealous? Did you expect a dedication?"

She got quiet, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Oh my god." I chuckled slightly. "You actually did." I ran my hand over my face, not sure of what to say. "Heidi, I'm sorry, b-"

"Shut up." She interrupted me, looking at the concrete floor.

"What?"

"Just shut up Calum. It's pretty obvious you don't want anything to do with me in a romantic way and I ju-" I cut her off by taking two large steps and pressing my lips to hers.

"No, you shut up." I said once I pulled away. "I'm not the same kind of person as Luke. I didn't think I needed to dedicate a fucking song to you for you to understand my intentions with you Heidi."

"And what are they? Have a little fun over the summer, then forget about me when you go home?" A strand of her brown-red hair fell to her eyes, and she pulled it back before I could. I placed my hands on either side of the sink, blocking her in, making her have to look up at me to look me in the eyes.

"There's no way I'm forgetting about you." I took a step closer, making our legs touch. "And I plan on having a lot of fun this summer." She took in a sharp breath, her already large eyes growing wide.

"I'm not some toy." She spat. "I'm a person with feelings."

"So am I, and I seem to have those feelings for you." I pressed my forehead to hers, not breaking eye contact.

"What?" she whispered.

"I want you Heidi. Badly." I whispered back. She gulped, putting her hands on my chest, pushing back slightly. I stepped back, creating space between us.

"Why did you get so upset?" I asked her, in an attempt to clear the tension in the small bathroom.

She didn't answer, instead picked up her phone, unlocking it and showing me her twitter feed.

@calumxcalls: @notHeidiKlum I thought #Ceidi was the big thing, don't let Luke steal your thunder!

@relyonme: @notHeidiKlum please tell me you aren't hooking up with Luke? #Ceidi

@5sosbabes: @notHeidiKlum I saw you crying, guess #Ceidi isn't a thing after all.

I shook my head, not even trying to hide the smile that came across my face.

"What are you smiling about?" she huffed, snatching her phone back.

"It's cute that you're jealous."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah." I shrugged. "It shows you care." I walked to her, closing the space between us again. "Now I have a question for you."

"What?" Heidi said, keeping herself from hugging me.

"What do you think of Ceidi?"

She bit back a smile and buried her head into my chest, letting out a long sigh.

"I think," her voice muffled by my t-shirt. "That they are two freaks that happen to like each other too much."

"Freaks?"

"Yes. Freaks." she straightened and looked me in the eye. "But, I ship it."