Chapter 31

Songs for this chapter:

Mine- Tatiana Manaois

Waste The Day- Michael Alvarado

Try Hard- 5 Seconds of Summer

Even If- Lewis Watson

I fumbled through the dark room, my hands reaching out for something, anything to grab onto. My heart was beating rapidly, a growing feeling that something, or someone, was chasing me.

"Come on over here, cupcake." A voice growled behind me. I gasped as cold hands wrapped around my waist and tugged me downward. I struggled to pull free, but whoever was holding me had a tight grip on my forearms.

"Let go of me." I hissed, kicking my legs at anything they could touch.

Loud laughter boomed throughout the dark room.

"Your pretty boy can't save you now." Damien hissed in my ear. I tried to scream when I felt his cold hands wrap around my neck tightly. "This is for leaving me." He growled, tightening his grip.

I hit at his hands, trying to pry them off, but he wouldn't let go. Suddenly a small light started glowing in the corner of the room, revealing a smiling Luke. Damien jumped off of me and walked over to him.

"Luke run!" I screamed, but he gave me a strange look and walked further into the room, not seeing Damien. "Luke!" I screamed again, but it was to late. Damien got to him, pulling out a shiny object and thrusting it into Luke's abdomen.

I shot up at the feeling of hands shaking me. Sweat covered my chest and damp hair stuck to my face. I looked around with wide eyes, taking in where I was. I looked over to my side at a worried Luke cradling my hand in his.

"Are you okay?" he asked me, removing hair from my face.

"Yeah, nightmare." I panted.

"You screamed my name." He stated, looking down at our hands.

"He.. You.." I couldn't repeat what I saw happen in my nightmare, the fear of it actually happening to real to speak.

"It's okay, it was just a dream." He pulled me into his arms, rocking us slowly back and forth. "I'm here."

"I know." I whispered into his chest, loving the feeling of his arms around me.

"We better get back to the room before everyone else wakes up." Luke stated after a few minutes of him holding me. I nodded but made no move to get up. "Bent come on." He mumbled, resting his head on mine. I shook my head and pushed him further, causing us to lie down. Luke groaned and pulled the covers up, giving in to my persistence.

"Five minutes." I mumbled into his chest. He laughed and I felt his fingers playing with the tips of my hair. I smiled at the simple gesture, feeling butterflies ignite in my stomach.

"Bent?"

"Hmm?"

"I need to tell you something." His rapidly beating heart betrayed his calm voice and I sat up to look him in the eyes.

"Yes?"

"Last night," I saw him suck in a breath. "I don't know if you picked it up, you know when I said I wanted you to fall for me?" I nodded, telling him to continue. "It's because.." He paused again.

"Luke come on, what?" I asked him impatiently.

"Bentley I love you. I've fallen head over heels in love with you and I don't know how to not love you and if you don't love me back then I don't know what I'll do, still love you for sure but I need you to love me too because you're the most perfect human being I've ever known and-" I covered his mouth with my hand, a small smile playing on my lips. I could feel the heat in my cheeks as I prepared myself to tell him what he so badly wanted to hear.