Chapter 32

Songs for this chapter:

Helplessly- Tatiana Manaois

Stomach Tied In Knots- Sleeping With Sirens

Luv, Hold Me Down- Drowners

Disconnected- 5 Seconds of Summer

*HEIDI'S P.O.V*

"So that's it? You just fell asleep?" Bentley confirmed for what felt like the thousandth time.

"Yes." I answered, pulling out my bathing suit.

"What's going to happen next?" She asked, pulling her shirt off, turning her back to me.

"I dunno." I answered honestly. "I told him I don't want to dive into anything and that I need time and space to move past this, so I don't know." I pulled my shirt off, turning away from her in case she turned around in the middle of me changing.

"I'm proud of you." I heard her mumble, her voice distracted. I shot a glance her way and saw her struggling to tie the top to her bikini. "You can get through this, and I'm going to be here for you through the whole thing."

"Thanks." I replied, slipping my top over my head and turning around to help her. "So what did you and Luke do last night?" I asked trying to divert the attention away from me.

"Oh um we went to the roof and talked." Her cheeks turned pink with embarrassment and she wouldn't look me in the eye.

"Bent, what time did you get in last night?" I inquired, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Um.. five this morning." Her eyes finally met mine and she flashed a mischievous grin.

"Bentley Ravens I cannot believe you!" I exclamied, swatting her on the arm.

"It was just so.." She trailed off, trying to find the right word to express her adventures last night. "Perfect."

"Yeah, I don't want to hear details." I turned around, pulling off my shorts and putting on my bathing suit bottoms quickly.

"Nice suit." Bentley said when I turned around.

"Thanks."

"I like that one better than the other one you had on in Cali."

"Me too."

"Calum's going to go nuts."

I smirked, giving her a knowing glance.

"Oh my god." Bentley said in shock.

"What? He wanted to cheat on me, I'm gonna show him what he's missing now. There's no point in letting a guy define how you dress or who you are, and I'm not going to let his mistake ruin me." I rambled, tossing things into a jean backpack that I had.

"Got it." She told me, tossing things into a bag of her own. "Let's just have fun today, okay?"

"We will." I told her, giving her a false hopeful smile. Truth was, I didn't want to go. I didn't want to see Calum wet and in a bathing suit, laughing and joking around. I didn't want to see other girls ogling him from across the beach, mainly because I didn't want him to see how jealous it made me. The biggest reason that I didn't want to go was the fact that I'd be having déjà by all day. From the moment I woke up this morning, up until now, almost everything has reminded me of the day Calum and I shared our first kiss.

"Ready?" Bentley asked me, shaking me from my irritating thoughts.

"Oh um hang on." I picked up my shorts I had taken off and a white tank top, throwing them on and slipped on a pair of flip flops. "Ready." I announced, putting the backpack straps over my shoulders and grabbing my phone and sunglasses.