Never 2| Steve Rogers.

Steve's POV.

Its been a week and I haven't talked to Y/N.

I miss her and I think what I did was wrong because well that was the heat of the moment. I know she will probably be broken right now. And I know she blames herself for it.

"Steve. Fury wants us in the conference room. Now." Wanda called. I mumbled a reply to her and left. I miss her so much. I shouldn't have done that.

"Its HYDRA. They have surfaced again and we need to...." Whatever Fury said went unheard by me. My mind went to that one moment when she was trying to explain me, trying to make me stay so bad. That one moment. It played again and again in my head.

Her voice kept ringing in my ears.

"Look Steve.."  "This is getting harder each day.."

I banged my fists on the table.

"What's wrong cap?" Tony called.

"Nothing."

"I know something is getting to you."

"You're worried since past week now." Nat said.

"Is everything okay with you and Y/N?" Clint asked. His expression confirmed that it was oblivious that my face showed it all off.

Suddenly Fury left the room saying he would tell agents to prepare our jet and equipment.

"What is it Rogers?" Tony asked.

"We... We broke up. That night when you gave a party I went to tell her that she had to be there. I went to her office. I was dumb Tony. She tried to explain me the reasons she couldn't make it. And I.... I.... I argued and broke up." A lump formed in my throat. I had been wrong and all of this was my and only my fault.

"Look.. Steve maybe you should go talk to Lady Y/N.." Thor said.

"She wouldn't listen to me.."

"Okay Capsicle. You're dumb. I mean really. But look at you.. You aren't you without here. Call her. Keep texting her." Tony said. He was right.

"Or better yet go to her. Steve own what you did." Nat said.

"She will not even see my face..."

"Talk to her boss. Tell him you have a mission and for a last time you want to talk to her." Wanda suggested.

"Yeah.. I'll try that.. Thanks."

"Its alright Steve." Thor answered patting my back.

I called her boss. Wow that man has some anger issues. I finally understand why Y/N isn't that happy.
I explain to him in the best way I can. He can make us happen again.

"Alright. But its just our of pity for Y/N! I pay her and I need her to work in senses."

I walked to her office which was just a small distance away from the avengers tower.

"Mr. Revira?" I knocked on the door.

"Come in Rogers."

"How are you doing today sir?"

"Fine fine. Sit down now. She's handling some papers. She'll be back in five."

There was an awkward silence as I waited. I said a quick thanks to him again and he just mumbled a reply.

"Mr. Rivera.. These papers.." Y/N looked up from papers cutting herself.

"I'll see to them.." Her boss answered.

"What are you doing here?" She frowned. She had heavy dark circles under her eyes.

"Y/N I need to talk.."

"Not here Steve.."

"Its okay.. Just listen to him!" Her boss said.

"Y/N I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I shouldn't have treated you like that. You were right. And I was dumb enough to let you go.. I'm sorry."

She didn't say a word.

"Y/N.. HYDRA has come back and we are leaving for the mission in an hour. If something happens..." She started crying. "... I love you Y/N.. And I'm really sorry. Just know that I'll always love you. I don't want any regrets or anything unsaid between us."

She cried hard and hard. She hugged me tight.

"D-dont say that Steve.. I know you'll come back.. You always do. I-I love you too Steve. Forever. Don't die on me.." I knew she was crying.

"I'm sorry Y/N."

"Steve.." She let go of me and looked at me with serious expression.

"Yes?"

"When you come back... I want ice creams and cuddles. No excuses."

I laughed.

"Sure darling.. No excuses. I love you." I kissed her forehead.

"Thanks Mr. Rivera!" I looked at him as he gave me a small smile.

"I have to go.."

"All the best Steve!"

"I love you."

" I love you too."

How was it??

~Mrs. Rogers.