'True Love' 2| Bucky Barnes

Part 2 cuz I made y'all cry....

Warning: sad.

*2011*
"Y/N?" I heard a voice as I was cooking. I recognised him well.

"C'mon in Steve! I was going to eat alone but now you're here!" I smiled at him. His blue eyes shined down at me.

"You look beautiful!" He smiled.

"Thanks." I chuckled. Over the years me and Steve grew close and were best friends. He understood everything I went through because he had been through the same when we lost Bucky.

Loosing James had left a hollow space in my heart and in my life. I lost something totally irreplaceable.

"You still have that ring?" Steve said looking down at my finger as I plated the food.

"Of course I have. I could never let go of it.....and him." I said putting the dish on the table and putting fork and spoon there. I looked up at him and his face was sad.

"Let's eat I'm hungry!" He laughed and we sat across each other.

"Y/N....I actually wanted to tell you something!"

"Yes?"

"You know I've told you about how I work for SHIELD."

"The secret agency. Yes."

"Well...and you know Tony Stark of Stark industries. Point is....." He looked at me for a long time thinking and thinking and trying to make a decision.

"What Steve? Do you have any problems?"

"No no....I don't know how to tell you this but...."

"But what Steve? You are making me nervous? Do you mean to tell me that you won't able to see me anymore? Or-"

"Bucky is back!" He cut me. I stared at him stupefied and puzzled.

"No. He can't be back... He....he's dead Steve!" I whispered the last part. Tears brimmed my eyes as I could no longer resist thinking about him.

"Well, Director Nick Fury and Stark assure its him. I'm 100% sure its him. I saw him."

"It can't be!"

"I saw him. I saw him with these very eyes, clear as I see you. It is him."

I looked at him for a long moment. What if it was really James? Why did he do that? And leave me? But what if it isn't? My hopes of getting my perfect life back would be crushed.

I looked down at the ring on my ring finger. The night he proposed to me came back like it was just yesterday.

"Y/N? I'm asking you to come with me." Steve said. I looked up at him.

"Please you have to come!"

"Ok...." I whispered. As much as I wanted to deny the fact that it could happen, my heart was getting excited. What if it was James?!

*time skip brought to you by Loki petting cats.*

*SHIELD Helicarrier*

I waited in a large room with sofas and a small kitchen nearby. I think this is the commons area or something where people lounge. I heard footsteps and my heart beat quicked. Oh God, let it be James. My James!

Steve entered the room and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw another man with him. It was James! My James. Our Bucky! Although he had changed a little from the clean cut shaven guy to having long hair and dark eyes there was no mistaking it was him. I blinked my eyes a couple of times.

"James?" I whispered. He didn't respond.

I ran to him and hugged him, crying in his chest.

"I missed you so much, James! Why? Why did you do this to me? You could have at least let me know that you were safe. I missed you so much. Don't...don't ever leave me. Don't leave me. I love you James. I love you so much!" I cried holding him as tight as possible. It really was him. I'm not imagining things. I'm holding him right now. I can feel him.

I've never felt such a relief in years. I felt happy, sad, excited, angry all at once but most importantly I realised I was relieved. Suddenly I felt safe and loved and at home, at ease.

His hands held me and pushed me far. I was surprised. He looked at me from my head to toe and he looked puzzled at my face. His next words shattered me to pieces.

"Who are you? I don't know you?" He frowned.

"James its me. Y/N. Quit playing games. You've already had enough!"

"I don't know what you are talking about, lady. I don't know you." My heart broke.

"Wha...What do you mean you don't know me? You know Steve right?" I pointed at a equally shocked Steve. James nodded.

"How come you don't remember me James?! I'm your fiancé. Please don't do this to me. I love you James. I love you."

"Ok. But I really don't know you. I'm sorry. Maybe I'm not the James you are looking for. I'm Bucky."

"You are James Buchanan Barnes. Nicknamed Bucky Barnes. You are my James. Why can't you remember me?" I broke down to tears. I lost it. I cried and cried and I sunk to the floor.

Steve sent James away.

"Y/N? Y/N. Give him some time."

"I want my James back. I want him back Steve." I cried. Steve hugged me.

Part 3 next update.