Arranged|Clint Barton

Warning: Emotional. Maybe a bit far fetched I don't know you guys are the judges...

A tear escaped my eye as I sat down on the bed. I sighed. Just about an hour ago, all of my freedom, all of my happiness was taken away. All of it taken away and given to a man I didn't even know. Except for his name. I didn't know what he did, what he was, how he was. How was I supposed to live with him forever?

I cried remembering how my parents had forced me into this wedding. I cried remembering that I did it for them and my sister. But nothing in this world could now make me happy ever again. I agreed because maybe I could save my sister from a rough life.

I heard the door open and footsteps came in. He was here.

The bed dipped down a bit and I felt him sit next to me. My heart raced. He was a complete stranger to me. A complete stranger was sitting this close to me. My body went tense.

Suddenly his hand caught mine and I pulled back fast, looking up at him.

"P-please...." My cracked voice came.

"Look Y/N I'm not going to hurt you. I know this wedding has caused damage to you. I just wish it wasn't this difficult. But no matter what, I want you to know that you are my responsibility and you are going to be happy. I'll give you as much as I can. And I'll stay loyal to you. Forever."

I sighed. How can a man, who just met me a few days ago, do so much for me?

I felt him get up and walk towards the door.

"Clint?" My voice was slow and low. "Why would you do it for me?"

"Because....you're my wife and you mean everything to me. Even if I don't mean anything to you."

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

"Sorry for being rude to you these past days. I didn't know you cared so much."

"You don't have to be sorry. It wasn't your fault."

Suddenly his phone rang and he received the call. He listened for a while with a dead serious expression.

"I'm on my way." He said and ended the call.

He walked to a cupboard and took out a file. He handed it to me and said,

"I have to go but maybe this will explain everything. Stay Safe. If you feel anything weird just give me a call." His blue eyes looked into mine for a second and then he went.

I saw the file. It was marked Confidential. I opened it to see a picture of him.

Clint Barton. Agent for SHIELD. Archer.

And on and on I went with reading the file as surprise took over me.

"Oh my God." I whispered to myself.

He was an agent for some secret organisation called SHIELD. He had been on various dangerous missions, all including saving the planet from some sorts of attacks...

I realised now that Clint was called on a mission a few minutes ago. I grabbed my phone and called him.

"Hello? Are you alright?" He sounded worried.

"Yeah I'm. Clint just please be safe and careful Ok? Don't die. Please."

"I won't." He replied with relief in his voice.

"I'll be waiting for you.."

And everyday I thank God to give me such a caring and loving husband and I pray for him to be safe.

A/N:
So it was really awkward, wasn't it? Well I've been to the doctor and he said I could eat now. I've started eating but its still very hard.

Everything pains but hopefully I'll get well soon.

~Mrs. Rogers.