Ice cream | Sam Wilson.

Thanks to @forgotten_memories25

You were listening to Ellie Goulding's songs as you washed the dishes. Ellie always reminded you of Sam. Maybe because you loved her and her songs and somehow they reminded you of him. And again, that just got you worried about him as he was on a mission.

He had told you that he will call you whenever he gets the chance to and he had just called once, about a month ago. Since then you tried contacting him many times but with no answer.

You started to worry a lot so you just decided to shake it off. You softly knocked on a door and went in anyway.

"Hey Sweetie! Wake up!" You shook a six year old kid awake from his sleep.

"I don't wanna go to school.." He mumbled.

"Jack!" You whispered near his year. "Its Sunday. Plus, I don't think you could deny ice cream!"

He jolted straight up! "Are you serious?!??"

"Yup!" You smiled seeing him smile so wide though he was sleepy.

You told him to brush his teeth as you went in the kitchen to fix him breakfast.

"Did Dad call?" He asked sitting on a chair.

"No sweety. I think he is just busy."

"So did uncle Steve call?"

"No honey! Here you go. Finish it and then we will go on a picnic okay?"

He just nodded.

After getting ready, you came out to find Jack looking at an action figure of Iron Man and wait a minute! Was he on the phone. You heard him say something so you went close

"Yeah? Are you sure?...... But I want to talk to him uncle Tony.....Ok. I'll wait for him..... Mum is good.... Yes I will take care uncle Tony.... Yes I know that I have to call you... Bye."

This was so sad. You felt your heart pang at how bad your son was trying to contact Sam. You just wished your husband was safe and would be returning home soon.

You packed your lunches and tried to make Jack happy. You both headed for a meadow or something where Jack and you could play and have fun.

"Mum, look what I found!" He said showing you a caterpillar on a leaf.

"Wow Jack." You giggled at his excitement.

______

After eating your lunch, you and Jack lay on the plaid picnic cloth and watched the clouds float by, making out various shapes from them.

It was starting to get dark so you decided it was time to head home.

"C'mon Jack! We need to get home now."

"Mum, the ice cream!"

"Ah yes! We shall have it while on our way home!"

So you drove towards the ice cream parlour, one of Jack's favourite places.

"Which one do you want?" You asked looking down at him.

"I can't decide!" He frowned at the various flavours.

"Jack be fast. I still have to make dinner and you have school tomorrow! Which flavour do you want?"

"I'd like Strawberry and Cream!" A manly voice said behind you.

You turned around to find Sam smiling at you. Your joy had no limits.

"Oh Sam!" You hugged him and Jack started to cheer 'Dad is home!'

Sam was injured a bit with bruises and cuts and he looked weak but he seemed so happy seeing you both. He ruffled Jack's hair because he didn't have the energy to pick him up.

Steve came from behind. "Hey Jack!"

"Uncle Steve!" Steve picked him up. They were still in their uniforms.

"Hey Little Falcon! How have you been?"

"I'm good. I'm so happy to see you and Dad!"

"I'll see you guys around." Steve smiled and ruffled Jack's hair and went.

"So.. Which flavour do you want?"

"I don't want ice cream, mom. I wanna go home and play with dad!"

"Sweety, look dad is tired right. Why don't you just play with him tomorrow?"

"Its alright! We can play."

So we abandoned the ice cream parlour and went home.

"Dad! Look what I have... My teacher gave this to me." He showed him a book with something written on it.

"That's very good Jack. Very good!"

For Jack, his dad was his world. Anything he said made him happy and in cloud nine. You smiled looking at the two of them as they were doing all the silly things together.

Your two favourite people on the earth, the two you loved the most, they made you feel completed.

________

"And now what do you want, Mom?" Sam kissed you cheeks as you hugged him, giggling.

"I'm just happy that you are home safe!"

"Are you sure you don't want anything else?"

"I'm sure. I love you!"

"I love you too."

Kinda long but...
What do you think??

~Mrs.Rogers!