1. Start of an Immortal Life

No One's POV

This is a story of the Originals, about the first immortal creatures and how their lives changed from the moment they turned and started a life of running.

Everything started with the death of Henrik Mikaelson, one night of full moon Henrik and Niklaus Mikaelson went to see the werewolves changing to their wolf form, but one of them saw Henrik and killed him, Niklaus took his brother back to the village, hoping that his mother could make some spell to heal him, but she couldn't.

Esther already lost her baby girl, which made them go from Norway to this land that no one knew about, now she didn't handle the death of her younger son and, afraid of losing more people, she started to think about making an immortality spell, when she told Mikael about her idea, he asked her to make them be stronger because Mikael wanted to be superior to werewolves, in speed, strength and senses.

Esther was one of the few people who knew about Silas and because of Mikael's requests, she had to modified the original spell, the Ancestors got mad at Esther for doing a spell that changed the balance of nature, so they retaliated and make Esther turning them into vampires without knowing it.

The ones who Esther turned were Mikael, his sons and daughter and Caroline Forbes, a girl that was like family to her. Caroline was a little girl when her mother passed away, leaving her orphan, Esther was best friend of Caroline's mother, so she took her in and raise her like if she was her own daughter.

After turning them, she started to realize that the Ancestors were trying to do everything to punish them, giving them weaknesses: The Sun, that made them burn; Neighbors could keep them out of their home because vampires have to be invited in; vervain that burn and can make humans immune to compulsion; white oak stake that can kill the Originals and because they were reborn thanks to blood, after the transition they craved blood and heightened their emotions and senses.

After Niklaus killed someone, he trigged his werewolf side, making him be a hybrid (vampire/werewolf), after this, Esther told Mikael about her affair with Ansel, the Alpha of the North East Atlantic Pack. Mikael, upset with what found out, he decided to make Esther do some spell to repress Niklaus's werewolf side, so no one would know about his greatest shame.

Niklaus got furious for Esther make his werewolf side dormant and thanks to all his emotions being heighten, he felt rage and wanted revenge so he killed his mother and convinced his siblings and Caroline that Mikael was the blamed for Esther's death, and it wasn't hard because Mikael killed all the werewolves of the village after finding out about Esther's affair.

And just like that, Niklaus, his siblings and Caroline started a life of run and went to the Old World, so Mikael wouldn't hurt them.