43. Klaroline Fight

Caroline's POV

"Dancing. You might have heard of it." I said rolling my eyes.

"You were being easy. Like if you were just some..." he was saying but stopped himself

"Like if I were just some what?" I asked already knowing what he was about to say.

"I'm just concerned with your well-being." He said.

"No, you're not. You are just worried that I stop hanging out with you because you always saw me as the girl who stops everything she does for you." I snapped at him.

"At least that girl I could count on and talk about my problems. You used to be the only one who I shared my problems and worries and now I don't have you anymore. Now I have no one. And all because of Brad, some guy you barely know. He is not Richard, Caroline! He is just some guy who looks like him. Richard is dead!" He yelled at me.

"Don't blame Brad! You were the only one who's blame for being alone. You always chose power and push away the few people who cared about you. And I know Richard is dead but Brad might be my chance to finally have something serious with someone. I deserve to find love and happiness." I yelled back.

"I didn't push you away. You walked away."

"Because you only cared about your stupid hybrids! You made me feel like shit, Klaus." I yelled. "You made me feel like if I was just the girl you screwed before you went to look for my hybrids. Before you made hybrids, you make me feel special and I even wonder if maybe one day we could be together for real, in front of everyone, but then you started to make some hybrids and you never got enough, you just wanted more and more and you stopped to even ask me how I was or talk to me just because. You came for me just for sex or for talking about your precious hybrids." I said angry and then whispered "You stopped being the man I fell in love with."

"I still am that man."

"I don't know if I believe that. You never made me feel like that until your hybrids come along." I said sadly.

"I might got a little carried away with it but there was never my intention to hurt you, to make you feel like that." He said calmly. "I love you. I always did and I never stop"

"Nik, your sweet talk is not going to work on me."

"It's the truth. I love you." He said while getting closer, with his hands on my cheeks. "I love you so much..." then he kissed me.

God, I missed his lips so much... wait. What am I thinking? I should be with Brad, not him.

"Nik..." I whispered when I broke the kiss. "You can't do that anymore. We are just friends. If you keep acting all jealous boyfriend or kissing me when we are alone, not even our friendship will be left."

"You promise that you would never leave me."

"And you promise me you would never hurt me. Like you see, sometimes we make promises that we can't keep." I said and went back to the bar.

Klaus's POV

I lost her forever... Caroline won't be mine ever again. How could I ruin what I had with her? I was happy with her, why did I screw it up? Why did I made her feel like shit? Why did I hurt her so much when I love her? Why can't I ever do things right? Why do I hurt everyone and everything I care about?

Caroline's POV

I can't believe him... I'm trying to save our friendship and he is just making everything harder. But I'm not letting him use his charm to have me back, I am not going to let myself get hurt again. He broke my heart when he choose his stupid hybrids over me. He made me feel like I wasn't worthy of his attention. He made me feel like I was just a random woman that he liked to have sex with and nothing more. Now I have to focus on Brad and nothing more.