59. Caroline made a decision

Caroline's POV

I am an awful person. I was being all judgmental when I though Brad hook up with that girl but I had no right to act like that, I kissed Klaus an hour after Brad asked for a break and then I got all upset when I thought he had done the same to me. I don't deserve him... nor Nik... I don't deserve to be loved. Now I get why I was always the second choice. I'm not worthy of being the one.

*Few days later*

Brad texted me saying that he was going to come back this afternoon and I already knew what I would do. I thought about my relationship with Nik and my relationship with Brad and after a lot of thinking and alone time I got to a conclusion.

I went to Klaus's bedroom and after I got in and closed the door, I decided that was time for Klaus to know what I was going to do about my relationship with Brad. I know Niklaus and I are not together but I think he deserves to know my choice and hear it from me instead of someone else.

"Love, you've been pacing around and talking but you still didn't said what you actually came here to say. Just tell me."

"I made a decision about my relationship with Brad and I think I should tell you before you hear from anyone else." I said and he nodded with his poker face that made me wonder what was going inside his head. "I'm going to give it a real chance. I was enjoying to get to know him and to spend time with him and I want to try to have a serious relationship with him."

"Alright. If he makes you happy all I can do is support your choice." Klaus said but I could see he was hurt.

"I'm sorry for what I did when Brad and I got on a break. I was vulnerable and you were there and... I feel like I used you and that wasn't at all my intention. I was just confused about what I was feeling."

"It's understandable. You were vulnerable."

"Are we okay?" I asked, hoping I hadn't ruin things with Klaus.

"Yes. As long as you're happy and that I can have you in my life, everything's alright..." He said and I hugged him.

*Night*

Brad and I still only texted because I wanted to give him some time and space to get home and comfortable because of the trip and we agreed on meeting at 9pm in front of his building but I just couldn't wait and went to the floor where his apartment was and knock on the door, that was opened by Brad.

"Hey! I know we agreed on meeting in front of the building but I just couldn't wait. You don't mind, do you?"

"Of course not." He said and invited me in. "I'm sorry for the mess. I got here but then when I was about to organize all this, my pack wanted to celebrate the fact that we made an alliance, because even if we were werewolves..."

"... not all packs get along." I said at the same time he did and he smirked.

"But that's no reason for letting you waiting for me, I should be the one waiting for you." Brad said and I smiled shyly. "Your text said that you wanted to talk about us. I'm all ears and I'll accept whatever you say. I just want you to be happy... even if it's not with me."

"I thought about everything while you were on the trip and I realized that you were the one who made me smile in the days I wasn't feeling like it, you listen to me talk about Klaus and Rebekah and everyone and you were there for me since we met and... I want to try this for real. I want to have a serious relationship with you." I said and he smirked and kissed me.

This was right. I was trying to give a chance to Brad, I gave a chance to Klaus and things didn't work out... maybe it was destined to not work out so I could find Brad and maybe he would be the one for me. Until now there was only two guys I actually though were the one, Richard and Niklaus but maybe it's Brad. I had to give him a chance not just for him but for me too. I needed to know if things between me and Brad so I wouldn't spend eternity wondering what if.

"I can't wait to tell everyone that you're my girlfriend."

"Didn't your friends knew about my existence before?" I asked

"Yes but they thought we were only getting to know each other and wasn't serious but now I can say that we are." He said with a smirk and kissed me.