58. Good Old Nik back & Visiting Brad

Caroline's POV

I spend a few hours just walking around and thinking but I couldn't figure out what I should do. A part of me wants to see how things with Brad could go and if we would work out as a couple but then there's also a part of me who wants to be with Nik and give him another chance because I know that I can't get over him.

I went back to the bar and saw Brad talking with the girl I had seen before, I used my vamp hearing to listen their conversation.

"And so I asked her for a break because I think we both needed it."

"Of course. You did the right thing. It's better to have a break and figure out things right now instead of just hurting each other more." She said with a hand on his arm to comfort him, or should I say, as an excuse to get him.

"I thought so too. But now her friend came here saying that I was being stupid and that I was only breaking her heart. I always saw him as this guy who doesn't care about anyone but he clearly loves her... I mean, he said he didn't mind me being with her because I made her happy... but I'm not sure about it..."

I left the bar before Brad could see me and I couldn't believe what he said. I can't believe Nik went to talk to him to see if Brad and I would get back together.

Klaus is doing what I've been wanting him to do for a long time. He is putting me and my happiness first.

I went to the mansion and saw that the light of his studio was on so I went in there, making Klaus look at me I'm surprised and then I walked over to him and hugged him.

"Thank you... for being the caring and loving guy I knew you still were." I said and he just hugged me back tightly.

"I've missed this Nik..." I whispered when we broke the hug.

"I'm sorry that I wasn't this guy before."

"Doesn't matter. What matters is that you are now the good old Nik I... care about."

I was going to say that was the Nik I Love but I couldn't say that, I am already giving way too many mixed signs and even I'm confused with what I'm doing.

"But... what happened that made me deserve this hug?" He asked with a smirk.

"Lately you've been there for me when I needed and you've been selfless just because of me. You showed me the old Nik wasn't completely gone..." I admitted and hugged him again. "I'm here for you if you need."

"I know Love. You were always there when I needed you. You were the partner in crime when I needed, you've been the one to give me a lecture when I was going on the wrong path, you gave me comfort when I needed, you did and were whatever I needed from you and I'm now trying to do the same for you because I sure wasn't everything nor did everything you needed from me but I am now learning from my mistakes. I just want to see you happy, love." He said with his hand on my cheek and his thumb caressing it.

I rest my forehead in his and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"I don't know how I would survive without you Nik." I said.

"Don't say that. You can handle yourself. I, on the other end, without you... I would only destroy myself and everyone around me." He said and gave a peck on my forehead.

"I think I'm going to rest. Today was a long day." I said because I was starting to feel that I was losing control over myself and that could end on me kissing him and I can't keep doing that.

I left to my bedroom, put on something comfortable and tried to sleep. Maybe tomorrow I would wake up less confuse.

***

I woke up and decided to go talk with Brad. I needed to clear things, I needed to know what this break meant, I know he said that was for us to figure things out but I'm not sure that was true.

It was very early when I went to Brad's place and knock on the door. It was taking awhile to open the door so I thought I'm trying later but then the door opened, revealing the girl I saw him with last night at the bar.

"Hey! Who are you?"

"I'm Caroline. Where's Brad?"

"I'm not sure he wants to talk. He is pretty upset with your break."

"Yeah... It looks like it."

"Who is on the..." Brad appears at the door asking the girl.

"Hey! I'm sorry I interrupt your morning. I shouldn't even come. I was very stupid to come here. Of course you were with her."

"What? No! She slept in here but was just because we got drunk and we weren't able to drive, so I let her stay here because it's easily to go from the bar just by walking." Brad said.

"Right... I saw you last night. There's clearly something between you two. Don't worry, I won't be in the middle of you anymore." I said upset but when I was about to leave he grabbed my arm.

"She's just a friend. Last night I was just talking with her about you and our break. Just like I know you told Klaus. I didn't had anything with her. You need to believe me. I wouldn't do that." He said while closing the door, making us be in the hallway of the building.

"Then why the break?"

"Because I think that you have feelings for Klaus and I don't want to keep you from following your true feelings. I really like you and I want you to be happy. I can't make you happy if you have feelings for someone else. This break was for you to figure out your true feelings." He said and kissed me. "I want our relationship to be serious and not with an expiration date."

"I don't want that neither. But this break..."

"I have to go on a trip to go talk with another pack. When I get back I'll be here." He said and kissed me.

I kissed him back but the kiss quickly ended and I went back to the mansion.