15. Marcel & Mikael

No One's POV

After Rebekah left the club, Marcel went to the bar to order another drink.

"You're a lucky man." A man said, making Marcel look at him. "Men search the world over for a woman like her."

"Yeah. Well, she's taken, friend." Marcel said with a smirk and drink a sip of his drink.

"Oh, I can see that. It's just that she reminds me so much of my departed wife as a girl. See, I've been traveling for such a long time that it's a blessing to see a familiar soul so far from home." The man said and Marcel looked down then looked at him.

"I'm sorry for your loss. Here's to old faces in new places." Marcel said and they toast the glasses together and drink.

"I've been in New Orleans for a day, and I find it to be quite surprising. Had I known of its charm and fascinating denizens, I would have come ages ago. I suppose I have to thank you for extending this invitation."

"Who are you?" Marcel asked.

"Oh, you're a smart man. I think you know." The man said and took from his pocket a photograph of Klaus that Genevieve sent him, making Marcel see that the man standing before him was no one other than Mikael. "I'm an intelligent man myself." Mikael said and compelled Marcel. "So, have a seat."

Marcel seats immediately next to him.

"Let me tell you what I learned about you this afternoon, Marcel Gerard. You chafe under the control of my son Niklaus and would do just about anything to get rid of him, even call the one man on this earth who hates him more than you do. But, I couldn't understand what you hoped to gain. Rule of this city? Well, as I said, New Orleans has its charms, but to call me, the one they call the Destroyer, the one who's burnt cities far more charming to the ground in pursuit of his children. But now I see. You did it for love, the love of my daughter."

"Don't you dare touch her!" Marcel said with a threatening look and gripping the bar to control his temper.

"Mmm, so I'm going to make you a promise. I won't hurt Rebekah. Truth be told, she was always my favorite. And this city, you can have it. But first, you must tell me where to find my son."

The next day, Lana and Klaus were hooking up in Klaus's bed and Elijah entered the room, interrupting them.

"Sleeping with the enemy, I see." Elijah said.

"I'm the ally now, darling."

"Well, indeed."

"Oh, and as a gesture of goodwill from our old enemy..." Klaus said while holding up five tickets. "Tickets to tonight's opera, Le Grand Guignol."

"They have a soprano to die for. I'll introduce you if you promise not to eat her." Lana said

"Oh, Lana, a good soprano is never dinner." Elijah said.

"Tell Rebekah to bring Marcel. Feel free to tell her now, big brother. I have some business I need to discuss with our new ally."

After having his fun, he went to look for a servant that would give him some blood, and when he was walking around the house, he saw Caroline getting out of her room with a man. Caroline was smiling and the man was kissing her neck. Niklaus felt something by seeing her in the arms of a man, he didn't like it at all. Caroline suddenly notice someone looking at her, and then saw Klaus and for the look on his face, she could see he wasn't happy.

"Go talk to him. I'll stay here waiting for you." He whispered in her ear, but Klaus couldn't hear because he was too focus on Caroline.

"What's wrong?" Caroline asked when walked over to him.

"Nothing. Just thought that you should not go to a bed with a man you barely know." Klaus said upset without even thinking in what he said and Caroline just slapped him.

"I'm not like the random women you sleep with. You might not have noticed but, some women have still some pride and integrity." Caroline said and was about to leave but he grabbed her wrist and push her against the wall, making them look at each other and even be able to feel each other's breath.

"I don't want to see you with random men who just want one thing from you."

"He's not random. I have been seeing him for quite some time, actually."

"What? Why wasn't I inform of that?" He asked even more angry.

"For the same reason you didn't inform me about Lana." Caroline said also angry, then took a deep breath to calm herself. "Not that's any of your concern but I didn't tell anyone because I was waiting for things getting serious."

"It's serious enough so you take him to your bed."

"You have no right to talk. You are almost every week with a different woman." Caroline said upset.

"I am a man. I have needs."

"Oh, right... But I don't have needs because I'm a woman, right? Come to see me when the real Niklaus, that I know and love appears, because the person in front of me, it isn't him." Caroline said and tried to leave but couldn't, thanks to Klaus.

"I'm right here. I just don't want to see you get hurt."

"I can handle myself, thank you very much."

"I know, but..."

"But you have the need to be overprotective when it's about me or your siblings."

"Yes." He said and she smiled and gave him a peck in the cheek before going back to her room.