62. Klaus's Nightmare

No One's POV

Caroline woke up with Klaus moving and mumbling something, when she looked at him, she noticed him sweating and moving, clearly having a nightmare.

"Don't. No. Kill me..."

"Nik... Nik... wake up! Nik..." she called him, trying to wake him up and when he did he looked around in despair and when saw Caroline by his side, breathing, made him realize it was just an awful nightmare and quickly he hugged her to make sure she was really there.

"It's okay... It was just a nightmare..."

"It seemed so real... Mikael was torturing you and was about to kill you... I thought I was going to lose you forever."

"You're not. I'm here. I'm on your side, like I always have been. Always and Forever." Caroline said and gave a peck on his forehead.

"I can't handle losing you forever. I already lost you because I was a wanker. Please don't let me lose you for good."

"Never. I'll always be here for you."

"Always and Forever?"

"Always and Forever." She said and gave a peck on his cheek while he put her on his lap with his hands on her lower back.

He started to kiss her shoulder while rubbing his hands on her waist under the T-shirt she was wearing. She knew she should say something but he was vulnerable and she was enjoying being so close with Niklaus. It's been years since the last time they were like this, enjoying each other's company without having sex.

He eventually look at her and rest his forehead in hers, just looking at each other's eyes. Words didn't had to be said, the looks they shared said everything for them. He couldn't help himself and look at her lips, her soft lips that even if he had kissed a thousand times, it didn't seem enough.

He let his thumb move down, resting on her lower lip while having their lips inches from each other.

"Just so you know..." Niklaus started saying, looking back at Caroline's eyes. "I'm yours, no matter if I'm with another woman or you with another man... I will always be yours... Always and Forever. I just hope one day you'll give me the chance to be mine again..."

"Nik..."

"Shhh... I'm patient." He whispered and gave a peck on her cheek.

Caroline was perplexed with Niklaus. He was acting like the man she fall in love with but she was taken. She was with Brad and she was happy with that choice, at least it's what she had to tell herself when she found herself having moments like this with Niklaus.

***

Niklaus woke up with Caroline by his side, making him smirk and when recalled what happened after his nightmare, his smirk only grew wider...

He was very aware that Caroline was taken and that she wanted to see how things would go with Brad but last night he saw that Caroline still had feelings for him. He noticed the way he took her breath away when he let his finger on her lower lip, he noticed how she smiled to herself when he had her in his arms, he noticed that she looked at him like she used to when they were a thing and he noticed her giving a small glance to his lips. There was still hope for him to have her but he knew he had to wait and he didn't mind to wait if it meant he would end up with Caroline... like he said to her, he is patient. Usually Niklaus would do everything to get what he wanted when he wanted but with Caroline he knew he had to wait and he didn't mind if in the end he got to have another chance with Caroline. He knew could take years, decades and maybe even centuries for her to even think on getting back together with him but he knew it was worth it... She was worth it.