75. Caroline's Nightmare

Niklaus's POV

Caroline was having a nightmare and I tried to wake her up but with no success, then she woke up with a gasp and was breathing heavily, while looked around and when looked at me she started to cry.

"Love, it's okay. It was just a nightmare... Do you want to talk about it?"

"W-We were... were... having a f-fight and then... then... then you left me. You said you never wanted to see me again..." she cried and I hugged her.

"I would never left you. I could never live without you, Caroline. You are the one who reminds me that I still have a good side, you are the one who makes me smile when I am in my bad days. I wouldn't be able to live without you by my side." I said and she got on my lap and looked me in the eyes while I whipped her tears with my thumbs.

"Do you hate me?"

"Of course not. I love you, Caroline Forbes." I said and she kissed me with urgency, taking me by surprise but then I kissed her back and pulled her as close to me as possible.

"I love you so much, Niklaus Mikaelson. Please don't ever leave me."

"I would never. You have my word." I said and she smiled genuinely to me.

"I better go take a shower..." she said while getting out of my lap.

"Was that an invitation?" I asked, making her roll her eyes, which made me smirk because she was back at acting like herself.

"No." She said and went to my private bathroom so she could take the shower.

Didn't took long to start to hear the water dropping, I was about to leave but then I noticed the bathroom's door was slightly open, making me be able to see her stripping her clothes, just that sight made me really turned on so I made myself leave my room and go to my studio so I could paint and try to calm myself down.

Caroline's POV

When I was about to get in the bathtub I heard the door closing, making me realize that Klaus had left the room, so I decided to take a nice long bath and just try to relax.

I can't believe what Marcellus did... I took care of him like if he was my son and he ended up by torturing me? He didn't limites in torturing me with vervain and with taking my ring so he would open the window and see me burn, he also got inside my head and made me relieve every moment that I had of doubt and suffering and has a plus he made me imagine Klaus saying that he hated me and that I was just another one and that he was done with me, he made me see everyone I care about dying in front of me without me being able to do a thing when he wasn't making me see them saying horrible things to me and leave me alone.

The moment I realized Nik was there to save me, I thought I was hallucinating but I wasn't. He was my hero...

I heard someone getting in the room and quickly I heard Klaus asking for me and when I was about to answer him, he got in the bathroom and when saw me in the bathtub he quickly walked over to me and put his knees on the floor so we could be at the same level.

"Are you okay?"

"Hmhm... I need to use your bathtub more often." I said and he smirked, showing his cute dimples.

"My apologies for barging in here but I thought something had happen to you."

"Nik, please don't go all paranoid because of what happened..." I begged him.

"I'm not being paranoid. I've been foolish for being so reckless until now. Everyone can see that I care deeply about you, making you a target to many people who want to hurt me."

"Nik, calm down. I've missed being home, so please let me enjoy it for awhile without having to worry about you going all paranoid." I asked nicely.

"What if...?" He was about to ask and I kissed him softly, making him shut up and when we broke the kiss, he said. "I'll try my best."

"Good. Now can you give me the towel?" I asked so he handed me the towel and I wrapped the towel around my body while he looked away, trying to be the gentleman he can be.

I walked over to his wardrobe and took a T-shirt that I used and seemed like a small dress with sleeves.

"I love seeing you with my clothes." He said, making me smile.

"Is that so?" I asked and he nodded with a smirk, then I kissed him. "Nik, I didn't know if I would be able to get out of there alive..."

"Don't say that. You're stronger than you believe. I'm sorry I wasn't able to get to you sooner."

"Nik... You were my hero. You were always and forever will be my hero." I said and before he could say anything I said. "While I was there I could only think about the things I hadn't done and the things I hadn't said. And one of the things that haunted me was not knowing if I was ever able to confess you something."

"What?" He asked, clearly curious.

"I am still in love with you. I have been in love with you for thousands of years and no matter what it happened, I was never able to stop. I am so in love with you. And I am very aware that I will be in love with you always and forever." I admitted and he kissed me passionately.