68. Brad & Olivia

Brad's POV

I was at the bar with Olivia and some friends and telling them that Caroline and I were really happy together and that we solved everything out.

"You had sex with her, didn't you?" Olivia asked when we were on the balcony waiting for the drinks to take them to the booth where was everyone.

"What?" I asked because I didn't want to be the kind of guy who has sex and starts to brag about it.

"You totally had!"

"How do you know?" I asked.

"One, you are way more relaxed and happy. Two, you just confirmed by asking how I knew."

"Fine. We had sex." I whispered. "But don't say anything about it. I don't want Caroline to think that I am telling everyone that I had sex with her. She would break up with me the next second."

"Don't worry. It will be our secret." She said and we grabbed the drinks and went back to the booth.

After a few drinks, some guys start to leave and others start to flirt with strangers or friends that they had a crush on. I was on a booth talking with Jake and next to me was Olivia who talked to us from times to times and was most of the time drinking.

"I'm glad I didn't screw up everything. But you said you two were serious so I thought she knew about it."

"It's fine. I should have told her but..."

"But you didn't want to push her away. It's totally understandable. I think she overreacted to the prediction. You told her you didn't believe it so she shouldn't get all upset about it. You were just trying to avoid her getting hurt or jealous when it wasn't needed." Olivia said while moving her hand to my abs, under my t-shirt, getting closer to me.

"I know but I should have told her anyway. She was right when she said that a relationship can't work without trust."

"I need another beer to keep this relationship conversation." Jake said, leaving the booth, letting me be alone with Olivia.

She got on my lap and wrapped her arms around my neck, then letting her fingers travel through my hair.

"You can't keep beating yourself up. You're a great guy who was just trying to protect your girlfriend's feelings. She knows that and that's why she is still with you." Olivia said, then gave a peck on my neck and whispered. "You're a great guy..."

"... who has a girlfriend."

"I know... but don't you like to be like this...?" She whispered. "Don't you miss the times when we teased each other? Don't you miss making me moan your name?"

"Don't make this harder?" I said, trying my best to control myself.

"I miss being like that with you..." She whispered.

"That's it. Come with me." I said and took her to the bathroom so we could talk in private. "You can't keep doing this. We can't be so affectionate anymore. I'm with someone, I'm in a serious relationship. You can't say those stuff to me or be so affectionate."

"Why? No one was looking." She said and I gave her a look. "I miss hanging out with you like we used to... I miss having you flirting with me... I miss being close to you and not have to control myself. I miss being in your arms. I miss how we used to be..."

"We were single. Things change." I said, doing my best to control myself while having her arms wrapped around my neck.

"Don't you miss it? Don't you miss how close we used to be?" She whispered, pulling me to her while stepping back until she was against the wall and we were really close to each other, then she wrapped her legs around my waist and in a reflex I grabbed her tights. "I miss you so much..."

"We can't..." I said more to myself while taking a step back but she was still with her legs wrapped around me and moved her hands to my hair, resting her forehead on mine.

I moved my hands a little up, getting closer to her ass, in order to keep her balance.

"Hmmm... this feels good..." She whispered and she was right.

It felt good. But I had to stop it. I couldn't do this to Caroline.

"If this keeps happening I will probably have to get one distance from you and I didn't want to stop hanging out with you. Do you?"

"Of course not. It's just hard to let go of these affections... I know you have a girlfriend but sometimes when we are alone I don't remember how serious you two are and get carried away with the way of affection." She said, getting her feet back on the floor. "I'm sorry..."

"It's fine. I understand. It's hard for me too." I said and feel her forehead resting on mine and in an almost reflex I pull her closer to me because that's how we acted for the last years when we were alone and were affectionate towards each other.

"Do you miss being like this?" She whispered.

"I do." I admitted.

I know I'm with Caroline and I care about her but I can't deny that I miss being close and affectionate with Olivia.