46. Having breakfast with Brad

Kol's POV

I woke up and went to the living room, finding a sleeping Klaus and Caroline.

I can't believe that my brother is taking so long to make a move on her. And now maybe he can't even get luck, he is now in the friend zone and everybody knows how hard its to get out, just look at Ross from FRIENDS and I'm pretty sure he just got out because it was a tv show. That's why I always make a move...

I decided to go out and hunt my breakfast.

Klaus's POV

I woke up in the couch with Caroline, I tried to get out without waking her up, but when I was getting out of the couch, Caroline woke up.

"Good morning" She said with a sleepy voice when opened her beautiful eyes.

"Good morning, love. Did I awake you?"

"No." She said with a smile. "I guess we fall asleep..."

"I guess so." I said.

"Last night was nice. You know, me and you hanging out and watching movies until we fall asleep. I missed doing that kind of things, it was simple but it was nice." She said.

"I missed it too." I said and before I could say something else, someone called Caroline.

"It's Brad. I better take this." She said and vamp speed to her room.

Caroline's POV

I vamp speed to my room, so no one could hear my conversation with Brad. I don't have secrets with Brad or something like that but... I don't know. I just don't like the feeling that someone might be hearing my conversations with him.

"Good morning, Brad!"

"Good morning, Care! Did I awake you?"

"No. I woke up a few minutes ago."

"Good. I didn't know if I should call you or not because you could be asleep and..."

"Don't worry. You can call me whenever you want."

"Oh... Thanks." He said and I smiled to myself. "Did you already had breakfast?"

"No."

"Would you like to have breakfast with me?"

"Yeah, I would like that." I said with a smile.

"Okay. See ya in 15?"

"Sounds good to me." I said and after we said our goodbyes, we hung up the phone and I took a quick shower and put a simple white dress with a denim jacket.

Klaus's POV

I heard someone knock on the door, so I went to open it and I find the copy of Richard.

"Hello! Is Caroline here?"

"Yes. Is she expecting you?"

"Yes, I am. And even if I wasn't, it's not polite to let people wait at the door." Caroline said, while coming downstairs.

Even with a simple outfit, she looked magnificent.

"Brad and I are going out for breakfast. Bye." She said and left with him.

Caroline's POV

Brad took me to The Ruby Slipper, which is one of my favorite places to eat in New Orleans.

We went to a booth and the waiter took our orders, he made some small talk and we eat the breakfast but I could see that something was off with him.

"Brad? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Everything's fine. I just... the truth is that when I ask you to go out for breakfast it wasn't just for breakfast." He said and I just looked at him confused. "I mean, the breakfast part was an excuse because what I wanted was to talk with you. I wanted to talk about last night."

"What about last night?"

"I kissed you."

"I know. I was there..." I said kinda awkwardly because I didn't know what this was leading, if a relationship or a break up even before we could start something.

"I mean, I kissed you and walked away before we could even talk about that."

"Okay."

"So... I wouldn't mind if we would repeat that again."

"Great. I didn't dislike it either." I said, making him smirk

"Good..." he said with a smirk and then kissed me.

After having breakfast with Brad, he took me home and when I got inside, I saw a woman almost with no pulse, laying down in the coffee table of the living room, Elijah in his armchair with his precious book, Rebekah and Stefan watching TV, Kol playing on his phone and Klaus drawing something in his sketchbook.

"Who's that?" I asked pointing to the unconscious woman.

"My gift for Nik. It's a known fact that a happy Nik means me not in a coffin." Kol said without taking his eyes of his phone.

"How was your date with Brad?" Bekah asked.

"It was good." I said with a smile.

"Oh my God! Something happened." Rebekah said with a big smile. "Let's go shopping and have a girl day so you can tell me every single detail about your breakfast day."

"There's not that much to tell." I said.

"Did you kiss?" She asked and I nodded shyly.

"That is already much to tell. Let's go. Bye guys." Rebekah said while getting up, then looked at Stefan and said. "Don't miss me too much."

And with that she dragged me to the mall.