78. Breakfast with Caroline

Niklaus's POV

After the amazing date, I took Caroline to the mansion that I had in Mystic Falls so we could be alone until tomorrow.

"It's the first date. You know that girls wait till the third date to let guys have some luck."

"Don't worry, Love. My intention wasn't trying to, like you say, 'get lucky' with you. Don't get me wrong, I would love to be more intimate with you but I don't want to rush things and once you'll give yourself to me, you'll be all mine and you won't be able to get it back. Until now, I was your friend that was slightly more than a friend to you, but from the moment you made that confession and accepted going on this date, things changed and I'm now looking for us to be more than friends..."

"I am yours, Niklaus Mikaelson. No matter what happened or if I was in a relationship with someone, my heart always belonged to you for how much I tried to deny it. I am completely in love with you, Niklaus Mikaelson." She said and kissed me passionately, then whispered. "Even if we take things slow, doesn't mean we can't make out, right?"

"I love the way you think, Caroline Forbes." I whispered and kissed her passionately.

Caroline was giving me a chance to be with her and made her feel happy and loved and I intended on making her be the happiest woman in the universe and to made her see how amazing and remarkable she is. Even after 1000 years walking among this Earth, I never encounter someone who was so beautiful, smart, kind and full of light like Caroline Forbes. Caroline Forbes not only was the perfect woman but was also my angel who made me see when I was wrong or right and who never feared me no matter what. She always saw the real me even when I didn't want it to be seen and she made me want to be the best part of myself.

"I love you, Caroline Forbes. I love you more and more by each day that passes." I whispered between the kisses, meaning every word.

"I love you more."

"I don't think that's possible." I whispered and she kissed me passionately.

We kissed for awhile but then we went to my room and she asked for us to just stay there and cuddle and so I did what she requested because her requests were orders to me. I intended to make her happy, and that meant that I would put her wishes and requests before my own desires.

***

I woke up with Caroline by my side and I can say with all honesty that even after 1000 years of existence, there's still no better way to wake up than next to Caroline, with my arm wrapped around her so she would be really close to me.

For how much I was enjoying to be in bed with Caroline, I made myself get up gently, so I wouldn't awake her and I went to the kitchen so I could prepare her some nice breakfast and take it to bed.

I made pancakes with Nutella and strawberries because I knew it was her favorite kind of pancakes, I put the plates in the tray and also some blood bags B+ because it was her favorite kind of blood, not forgetting a small jar of flowers, and not any kind, daisies, because it was her favorite flower.

I finally went back to the bedroom and let the tray on my side of the bed so I would wake her up with a kiss, after a few pecks on the cheek and on her lips, I felt her kissing me right back and once I broke the kiss, she showed me her beautiful bright smile, making me smirk.

"What a nice way to wake up..." she said with a smile.

"I brought breakfast."

"Pancakes with Nutella and strawberries! And B+?! This is my dream breakfast!" She said excited, making me chuckle.

I found amusing how she could be so happy and excited over simple things. I guess it's one of the many things that always draw me to her.

"You deserve it, love." I said.

We had a nice breakfast and talk a little but now that we had finished it and were going to go back to New Orleans, I had to ask her something first.

"Caroline..." I said, making her turn around to look at me. "Last night I told you that this date was going to change our relationship and that I wanted to be much more than just a friend." I said and she nodded. "I love you so much, Caroline Forbes... For centuries, I believed that love was a weakness and that power was the only thing I truly needed. Once I started to feel in power, I started to get obsessed to obtain more and more, letting me be blind to the things and the people who were truly important. I hurt my siblings and I hurt you because of power but I intend to make it up for it, I intend to redeem myself and no longer choose power over the ones I love. I lost a lot during my existence but nothing made me open my eyes until I was on the verge of losing you forever. My life has no meaning without you, I can be the King of everything but if I don't have you, then it doesn't mean a thing to me. I need you in my life. I intend to make you feel loved and the happiest woman on the universe. I know I'm not perfect but you make me be my best self and if you say yes to this, I will do everything to make you happy and to be the man you deserve. So... Caroline Forbes, will you accept being my Queen, my Angel, my Goddess, my Everything..." I said kneeling and opening the box I took from my jacket, showing her the ring that I had bought since she confessed her feelings when we were in New Orleans. "... for the rest of our imortal lives? Will you make my dream come true and accept being my wife?"

"Of course I do!" She asked with her eyes watery and after I put the ring on her finger, I kissed her passionately.

When Caroline went missing I felt like my whole word was falling apart and turning into chaos and pain, I was living my personal hell and I knew that once I got her back, I would wait for her to be ready so I would propose but then she gave me her confession made me realize that she was ready to be truly and completely mine. When I got the chance I got in my private jet to go to London because I had my eye on this ring for quite some time and I actually bought it for $9.5 million because Caroline deserved a ring bought and not compelled, she deserved the whole world, or better yet, the whole universe.

The ring was 5

The ring was 5.4 caret Blue Diamond ring by Bvlgari, Blue Diamonds are very pure and rare, only accounting for 1% of the diamonds mined world-wide and Caroline being the unique and exquisite woman she is, she was worthy of that ring, when I saw it for the first time I heard it calling Caroline but I knew I would have to wait until I got it.

"Do you think you are ready to spend the rest of your imortal life listening to me talk without stop and to snap at you every once in a while and..."

"I've never been more ready."

"Good because I'm not letting you back out now. I love you and I won't let you go ever again." Caroline said and kissed me.