11. Turn Marcellus

No One's POV

Caroline tried to make Niklaus see that Rebekah wasn't doing anything wrong and that it was okay to Rebekah and Marcel have something but Niklaus didn't do anything about it because he was still upset with what happened and was afraid of what the love between Marcellus and his sister could end up in.

It's been months since Niklaus daggered Rebekah and Marcellus was now close to Niklaus, like he used to be before the all Rebekah situation.

Marcel was now passing his time by trying to free the slaves, and give them a second chance like Niklaus gave him. Marcellus was now talking with the governor, so he could give them freedom.

"I demand to know why their freedom has not been granted. All necessary authorities have ruled in their favor." Marcellus said.

"You think I don't remember you, boy? And they turn into one of them yet?" The Governor asked and Marcellus looked down because he sometimes wondered why he was still human and if Niklaus would, in fact, turn him one day or if it was just a mere promise that Niklaus did to him just to have him by his side. The silence made the Governor laugh of him.

"I thought not." The Governor said after laughing and then looked at one of his men and Marcellus heard someone being wiped, Marcellus run over the man who wiped a woman and start to beat him up, then he got up and turn, before he could realize, he already had been shot and when look to see who was it, saw the Governor with a gun.

The Governor left and Marcellus tried to go inside but before he could, Niklaus appeared and make Marcellus seat down in the front porch, then bite his wrist.

"Here, let me heal you." Niklaus said.

"No. You always said we choose our family. So... what am I to you, Klaus? You made me a promise when you daggered your sister. It's finally time to make a choice. Turn me now or let me die. This is what I want." Marcellus said in the verge of tears, not because of how much it was hurting and the blood he was losing but because he knew that this moment would be the moment he waited for so long but wasn't sure that Klaus would grant him the wish that he had for such a long time. Niklaus bite his wrist and gave Marcellus, so he would drink it and then snap his neck, in order to turn him.

After 52 years, Niklaus decided to finally undaggered Rebekah and after a while, Rebekah woke up in a gasp.

"It was about time. I was bored waiting but I did so want to see your face and it is indeed priceless."

"You bastard! What day is it?"

"Sunday."

"I have been daggered for a whole week? Marcel... What have you done to him?"

"It's 1887. Rebekah, you've been daggered for 52 years."

"What?" Rebekah asked in disbelief.

"And don't worry about Marcel. I presented him with a choice. He could choose to undagger you and live out the rest of his human days with you or I could turn him instead as he's always wanted in exchanged for giving you up." Niklaus said calmly.

"No. He wouldn't do that to me." She said while trying not to cry.

"Oh, but he did..." Niklaus said and Marcellus appeared, just looked at Rebekah and quickly get out of the room.

After that, Niklaus left and Caroline immediately went to see how was her best friend.

"Rebekah... It's so good to see you" Caroline said while coming to the room and hugged her.

"Why did he do this to me?" Rebekah asked in tears. "How was Marcel capable of such a thing?"

"Bekah, I'm not sure why he chose to turn but if he opted for something instead of being with you, then he wasn't the one for you. You deserve someone who puts you in first, who cares about you enough to confront your brother when has to. You deserve someone who loves you more than anything. It was probably for the best to know this before you two would become something serious."

"I know that but... I love him. He was kind to me, like no other man was before." Rebekah said.

"I know, and I'm really sorry for all this situation, but you are going to get through this with my help." Caroline said with a small smile, which made Rebekah smile a little.