2. I know

Niklaus's POV

I can't believe I lied to them... How am I going to live with this guilt?

We were all in the middle of the woods and they were all sleeping, while I was in looking at the bonfire and thinking about what I had done.

Someone woke up, walked over to me and seat next to me, it was Caroline. Caroline has been the one with more control and she continues to try to see the positive side of everything, that's one of the many reasons why I love her and why she's my best friend.

"I know..." She whispered while looking at the bonfire and if I was human, I probably wouldn't hear.

"You know what?" I asked

"I know..." She said again, but now she was facing me.

"Then why...?"

"I know you and I won't say a thing. I understand that now we are still trying to figure out how to control our emotions." She cut me off

"You seem to be in so much control..."

"I'm acting. I feel awful, Mikael killed the man I loved, just because he was a werewolf." Caroline said trying to fight her tears, so I pulled her for a hug and she started to cry on my shoulder.

"I never told him how much I loved him." She said between the sobs.

"He knew it and he loved you too. You were all he talked about it." I said and she get out of my embrace and whipped her tears away, while giving me a small smile.

"I'm sorry for crying so much, it's just... I don't think I can keep it together for much longer... I'm sad, angry, upset, hungry... I'm tired of feeling everything in such a big scale." She said.

"I know. I am too..." I said.

"Do you feel like our problems when we were human don't seem so special, now?" She asked after a minute of silence.

"Yes. My biggest problem was that Tatia choose Elijah over me." I said.

"Yes, and my biggest problem was that I was afraid of not being good enough for Richard." She said with a small smile, thinking about her beloved one.

"Yes... I remember that after you two kissed for the first time, you got really nervous and I tried to calm you down but the only way so you would calm down was me kissing you to be sure if you were a good kisser or not." I said and she giggled and blushed.

"I never had kissed someone, it's normal that I got nervous. And besides, no one asked you to kiss me."

"It was the only way I found for calming you down and you told me that you thought it was a good idea." I said smiling a little.

"Do you think we can find happiness?" She asked after a moment of silence, now serious.

"I honestly don't know... But we will be together, always and forever." I said and she smiled, gave me a peck on my cheek and rest her head in my shoulder.