36. Going back to Chicago

Klaus's POV

Klaus's POV

I took Elijah to see our siblings in their coffins and when Elijah looked at them, I took advantage of his distraction and daggared him.

I love my brother but he cannot get away with a betrayal. He wanted to kill me and I cannot forgive that, at least not now...

After making Elijah be in the coffin, I went to see Stefan. It was time to have my old buddy back.

"Stefan."

"Klaus... What are you doing here?"

"Hello to you too, mate. How are you? I'm fine thanks for asking." I said and he just looked at me.

"What do you want?"

"I want you to turn it off."

"I'm not going to do that." Stefan said.

"Turn it off." I compelled him and he did it. "Good. Now remember."

"We were friends?" He asked me.

"We are friends." I said with a smirk.

"You will forget about Elena. You will be like you used to be in the 20's, when we were good friends." I compelled him.

Caroline's POV

I got a text from Klaus telling me to pack my things because we were going to Chicago.

I went to the car and saw Stefan in there, talking with Klaus.

"Stefan?"

"Care! How are you?"

"You remember me?"

"Of course I do. You are the best friend of my girlfriend." Stefan said.

Of course... Klaus compelled Stefan instead of trying to fix the things how he should. Why am I surprise?

"Yeah, right. Forget it." I said and got in the car.

***

"Are you sure about this, Nik? Stefan is compelled. This is not real." I said.

"Don't worry, love." He said while parking the car in the mansion we had in Chicago.

"Stef... Stef... wake up! We are here..." I whispered, making him wake up.

"What?" He asked with a sleepy voice.

"We are in Chicago. Come on!" I said and then some of Klaus's minions appeared to put all of our things in our rooms.

***

It was already night and Nik took me and Stefan to the basement, where was Rebekah daggered.

"Rebekah..." Stefan whispered to himself, like if something had come to him.

"It's time to wake up, little sister." Niklaus said and took the dagger out of her chest.

"Bekah!" I smiled once she woke up, she smiled and hugged me and then she looked at Stefan.

"Stefan..." she whispered.

"We let you two be alone." I said and took Nik to Gloria's.

We drank, and not just alcohol and had some fun. Now we were in the booth talking and drinking.

"Thank you for taking the dagger off Rebekah." I said and he just nodded. "I know that she hurt you pretty bad when she told you that she wanted to stay with Stefan but... she loves you. You know that, right?"

"I don't know. Sometimes I do, others..."

"She loves you. All your siblings love you. I love you." I said and he kissed me passionately.

I got in his lap, with my legs around him and we started to make out without caring who was seeing or not.

In a blink we were in the bathroom doing it.

"I guess doing in the bathroom is our thing." He said with a smirk, making me blush.

"I love when you blush, love." He said making me blush again and then I kissed him.

After I broke the kiss we went to the bar to drink and we ended up staying the all night just talking and drinking with some casual flirting.

When we got home, Rebekah and Stefan were already sleeping, so we decided to go to the library and drink, to not make much noise, because the library was sounded proof.

"Love, you were always there for me. It meant a lot to me to have you by my side for all these years and to have you defending me when my siblings were about to go against me." He said and took another sip from the bottle he was holding. "You never let me down, you were always there when I needed you. I love you, Caroline."

"I love you too, Nik." I said with a smile and he kissed me.

"I don't know if I ever told you this but the men that had the chance to have you in their lives were really lucky. I mean you are the desire of every men, you are smart, beautiful, sexy, feisty, full of light, strong, independent woman." He said and before he could take another sip, I kissed him with all I had.

No one else says this stuff to me or makes me feel special. Nik is the only one who makes me feel like that and makes my demons go away, he makes me feel happy.

"I love you, Niklaus Mikaelson."

"And I love you, Caroline Forbes." He said and speed us to his room.

***

I woke up in Niklaus's bedroom.

Holly crap! We broke the bed and it seemed like there was a rubbery in his room.

I looked at Nik and saw him sleeping so peacefully that I couldn't make myself wake him up so I left a note and vamp speed to my room, so I could take a shower.

After getting ready, I went to the kitchen and saw Rebekah alone, drinking some blood bag.

"Hey! How are you?" I asked making her look at me.

"Fine. At least I'm no longer in that box. I hate being in there." Rebekah said and I hugged her.

"I'm so sorry. I tried to make him see that he didn't had to do what he did but..."

"It's alright. I know him and I know that once he gets something in his head, there's no going back. I just wish that he believed that I truly love him. I know that we don't have the same father, but I love him."

"I know, Bekah." I said with a small smile. "But now, changing the subject for better things. Today we need to go shopping so you can get clothes more appropriate for this time."