14. Klaus & Marbekah

No One's POV

It's been 6 months since Genevieve did the spell but there was still no sign of Mikael.

Klaus and Elijah were in a club underneath the Opera Theater and Klaus was flirting with a woman named Lana

"Well, this is the first. Werewolves, vampires, witches and dirty cops." Klaus said looking at a group of men. "All happy as clams and drunk as stoats."

Klaus smiles at Elijah, while Elijah was ordering four shots.

"You gotta love this city." Lana said.

"To a new era!" Elijah said while giving everyone their shots. "Collaboration in the face of Prohibition."

"To your dogs, their booze and our theatre to hide it under. You're welcome, boys." Lana said they all toast their glasses together and drink.

After the toast, Klaus leaned in the balcony along with Lana, making them be closer to each other.

"Now, I shall have to think of a way to thank you personally, in a manner befitting a werewolf queen." Klaus said.

"Catch you on the dance floor." Lana says while stroking Klaus's face and then walked past him, heading to the crowed.

Elijah got closer to his brother and said with a smile. "Who would thought it possible? The unification of New Orleans?"

"We did it, brother." Klaus said happy, while griping Elijah's shoulders in a playful way, then Elijah puts his arm around his younger brother's shoulder and make Klaus look around.

"Oh, certainly, we worked together, Niklaus. But this vision? This was all you." Klaus smirked after hearing Elijah.

This was his doing, he did all of this. He didn't ruin, much to the contrary. Klaus felt at home in that city.

After a while Caroline appeared and walked over the booth, the three of them talked but was more just Klaus and Caroline doing the talking. After some time of conversion Rebekah and Marcel walked into the Club and approach the bar together as Elijah, Klaus and Caroline watch from their booth.

"Oh, certainly, we worked together, Niklaus. But this vision? This was all you." Klaus said to his brother and Caroline, then stands up.

"Niklaus, not now. Why must you cause trouble?" Elijah asked with a hand in his brother arm, in an attempt to stop his brother from making a scene.

Klaus ignored his brother and make Elijah take his hand of his arm and grab two glasses off the table. Klaus clicks them together to get everyone's attention and make the musicians stop playing.

"I'd like to take this opportunity to draw attention to two people who have been sneaking around behind my back together." Klaus started, letting Marcel and Rebekah nervous and making everyone look at them. "As we move into a new era, we require more progressive attitudes to match. So, to my loving sister and my right-hand man and best friend Marcel, may they find joy in each other." He said while raising his glass, making Rebekah and Marcel look at each other in surprise, then said. "Enough talk...Music!"

Caroline smiles to herself for seeing Niklaus finally letting Rebekah be in love and give his sister a chance to be with someone without having to keep a secret.

"Over the years, I've thwarted your loves simply to protect you. I knew if we had to run again, your heart would be broken, but we don't have to run anymore. We've found a home." Klaus kissed his sister cheek and added "Be happy, my sister."

Once Klaus got back to the booth, he saw a very smiling Caroline.

"Fine. Say it."

"I knew you would see that love is a beautiful thing and that Marcel and Rebekah deserved to be together. I'm so happy for them and for you."

"For me?" Klaus asked confused.

"Yes, for showing your sister that you are still that nice and caring man that you didn't mind to show when we were human." Caroline said with a smile.

After the shock, Rebekah and Marcel went to a booth to be together, they were holding hands and with big smiles on their faces.

"Can you believe we're sitting out here in the open bold as brass?" Rebekah asked still not believing this was actually happening and not just a dream.

"No. Ah, it feels like heaven." Marcel said with a smirk.

"You know, it's been over six months since Genevieve summoned my father, and nothing. Her spell must have failed." Rebekah said, remembering of how far they would go to be together like they were now.

"Hey, if so, we dodged a bullet." Marcel said smirking and then they kissed.

"Right. I am off to speak at the Women's Temperance Society meeting to make sure the wives of this city urge their husbands not to drink." Rebekah said after their kiss, making Marcel laugh.

"Aren't you all in the booze biz now?"

"Yes, but the more one tells you that you can't have something, the more you crave it at all costs." Rebekah said and kissed him again before leaving and Marcel laughed as saw herheading