47. Care talks with Bekah

No One's POV

Caroline and Rebekah shopped for hours while talked about Brad and Caroline's feelings.

"Is there something that you are hiding?" Rebekah asked suspicious.

"Like what?"

"Don't know. Like... do you really like him or...?"

"Of course I like him. Brad is nice and caring and sweet. I like him."

"Do you like someone else?" Rebekah asked.

"It's complicated."

"Oh my God! You like someone else. Are you using Brad to get over the one you actually like?"

"No. I like Brad. I might not be over the other guy completely but that doesn't change the fact that I like Brad."

"Do you see a future with him?" Rebekah asked

"I don't know. We just started to date."

"Do you see a future with the other guy?"

"No. Things with him were really complicated. We had the best sex and we had an incredible connection but then we also had big fights and we could really hurt each other. It was amazing in one second and chaotic in the other. I think deep down I always knew that whatever I had with him, it would always have an expiration date since the very beginning." Caroline tried to explain her.

"That seems more like the middle of a love story." Rebekah said with a smirk.

"Believe me, it's the end."

"If you say so."

"It is. I am now with Brad and he makes me happy."

Klaus's POV

I decided to go to a bar with Kol and drink my problems away and flirt with random girls so I could forget, even if it was just for a minute, about Caroline.

"Brother, why don't you tell your brother what is making you be all moody?"

"I'm fine." I said without patience.

"Is it about Caroline?"

"No. Why would it be about her?" I asked.

"Because I saw you two sleeping in the couch this morning."

"That means nothing. We fall asleep watching movies." I said.

"Yeah, but I see the way you look at her when she isn't. It's like she is your pray and you want to catch her but you can't. You like her. And she is with Brad. That's the oldest story in the world. Boy is best friend with girl, boy finds himself in love with her but she is in love with someone else."

"I'm not in love with anyone." I growled.

"Whatever you say. I'm gonna go talk with that girl. See ya." Kol said and walked away, leaving me alone with my bourbon.

Caroline's POV

After shopping, we called one of Nik's minions to put the bags in our rooms and then I went to meet Brad in the Avenue Pub, while Rebekah went home to show Stefan what she bought/compelled in Victoria's Secret.

"Hey!" I said with a smile, while walking over to the booth where Brad was.

"Hello, beautiful!" He said, making me smile shyly, then he kissed me.

*Flashback*

I was dancing around the bonfire along with everybody else, when someone grab my arm, spinning me around to see the person.

"Richard..."

"Hello, beautiful!" He said making me blush. "Does milady care to dance with a poor soul like me?"

"Of course." I said with a smile and we started to dance together.

*End of Flashback*

Klaus's POV

I get out of the bathroom and saw Caroline with her new boyfriend in a booth. She was smiling and blushing with things that he was whispering to her.

This is starting to be like it was when she started to be with Richard.

*Flashback*

I went to where everyone was and saw Caroline and Richard dancing and they seemed to be really close.

"Brother, you came!" Rebekah said with a smile when noticed me.

"I just had to wait for father to fall asleep. You know how he can be..." I said

"Well, let's forget about that and just focus on having fun tonight." Rebekah said with a smile.

"Of course. But before... do you know what is happening between Caroline and Richard?"

"Caroline says that they are just friends but I believe that he is going to court her  soon." Rebekah said.

I have feelings for Caroline, I had for some time now but I knew that my mother and father wouldn't accept it because since she started to live with us, mother made me, Kol, Finn, Henrik and Elijah promise to not have anything to her because she was like our sister. My feelings for Caroline were wrong so I focused on Tatia, the woman I'm starting to fall in love with.

*End of Flashback*

I need to have a real drink to forget all this.