69. Drunk Niklaus

No One's POV

It's been a week since Elijah got back from his trip and bring Katherine with him, and it's also been a week since Brad admitted to Olivia that he misses being affectionate with her.

Niklaus hates to have Katerina living with him but he knew that if he did something that he would enjoy it even if it was for a few seconds, then he would have Caroline getting mad at him or maybe even leaving him for good and he didn't want to take that chance so he played nice.

Elijah was happy like he hasn't felt in a long time, and it was all because of Katherine, he knew it sounded weird to fall in love with a woman who looks exactly like his first love but they weren't the same person and he truly loves Katerina.

Brad didn't told Caroline how affectionate Olivia was to him a week ago in the bar nor how he missed to hang out like before with her, just like Caroline didn't told Brad about her fight with Niklaus that ended in him asking her if she was still in love with him and her not wanting to answer it. They both knew they shouldn't omit things to each other but they were afraid to hurt the other. Brad and Caroline still hang out and talked but these things hunted them and made them feel disconnected and that something was off.

Caroline found herself spending more time with Nik, not only because she wanted to make sure he wouldn't get in a fight with Katerina but also because he was there whenever she needed to talk or felt vulnerable. What amazed Caroline is that Niklaus has been always there even when had people telling him there was problems with his kingdom.

Niklaus was now drunk because even if he wanted to be there for Caroline and listen to her, he got to the point that he needed to drink to drown his sorrows away and try to not think about his Caroline with Richard 2.0, like he called him. When Caroline found him drunk, she scold him and try to make him go rest but he refused to do that.

"How much did you drank to be like that?" Caroline asked in disbelief.

"Not enough..." He said making her look at him confused. "Why did you give yourself to him? What does he have that I don't? Why is he worthy of you and not me?"

"Nik... you're drunk." Caroline said not wanting to have this conversation, even less when he was intoxicated.

"That's not an answer." He said and she rolled her eyes. "I love you more than he or any man will."

"Nik, you should go get some rest."

"No. I should be with you. I love you Caroline." He said pulling her, to wrap her legs around his waist and with his hands under her dress, feeling her soft skin.

"Nik... don't do this..."

"Give me another chance. Give us another chance..." He whispered while giving her pecks on her neck, making her bite her lower lip to suppress a moan.

"Please stop..." She whispered and then he bite her, his bite was fatal to her so she had to bite him and it felt incredible.

"Caroline..." he groaned in pleasure and Caroline quickly stopped drinking from him and try to push him away so he would look at her and maybe let her out of his embrace but he kept her on his arms and looked at her.

"This isn't going to happen. I'm sorry, Nik..."

"Why did you pick him?"

"Because I wanted to see if Brad could be what Katerina is to Elijah. I know it's weird that he looks exactly like Richard but... I wanted to see if it was a coincidence finding him or was destiny."

"Why can't I be your destiny?"

"Nik..." Caroline tried to say something to avoid answering these questions.

"We've been friends since we were kids. We were in love when we were human, there was multiple times during all of our lives that we could choose to go to different paths or to leave but we never did that. We have always been together... How come that doesn't mean we should be really together?" He asked.

"We do have a big past but... I'm with Brad now." She said and he wasn't able to look at her in the eyes because he knew that if he did, he would break down. "He makes me happy... I know you don't want to hear this but it's the truth."

Niklaus didn't said a word and only pulled her closer to him, making her hugging him and enjoying having her in his arms even if it wasn't as his lover. In that moment, what he truly needed was that hug and nothing else.