30. Undaggering Elijah

No One's POV

No One's POV

Elena had Elijah daggered in the basement of the Salvatore's Boarding House. After what happened in the dance, Elena decided to take the dagger out of Elijah.

Suddenly he woke up, making Elena run over to him, when he saw her, he was shocked.

"Elijah."

"Katerina!" Elijah said in disbelief.

"Elijah! It's me, it's Elena." Elena said.

"Oh my God" Elijah said while remembering the time he met Katerina.

Elijah suddenly gets up trying to catch his breath, but has no success.

"I can't... I can't breath! What's happening to me?" Elijah asked her and when tried to vamp speed from the basement, but he can't thanks to a invisible barrier and started to lose strength, making Elena go over to him and help him standing. "I can't... I can't be in this house."

"You're not invited in." Elena said more to herself.

"Then get me out of here." Elijah said.

Elena took her from the basement and in a blink of an eye, he was outside of the boarding house and Elena quickly went to him. They both looked at each other without saying a thing and then Elijah vamp speed to inside the house, where Elena was but couldn't.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Shhh" Elena said and makes a gesture to make him know that the Salvatore brothers could hear, then she whispered. "I'll tell you, but not here. Can I trust you?"

"Can I trust you?" He whispered back, so Elena gave him the dagger to show that he could trust her.

***

Klaus was in Alaric's place and was taking Maddox to the door.

"I'll be back as soon as I can." Maddox reassured Klaus.

"Yes, do hurry. I'm anxious to get out of this body. And if you get hung up, call me. You know how impatient I get." Klaus said and Maddox just left, while Katerina was making coffee.

"Where is he going?" Katerina asked Klaus with a bored look and holding a mug with coffee for Klaus.

"To retrieve me." Klaus said with a smirk while Katerina looked down. "So I can get out of this bad hair-do."

"Are you sure that's a good idea, Klaus?" Katerina asked him.

"Well, is almost upon us." Klaus said and put the moonstone on the table. "I've killed the witch, I have the moonstone and the doppelgänger is waiting in the wings. Ohh, I'm ready to break this curse."

"And why would you do that here? There's so many people that would try to stop you." Katerina said confused.

"Because I have to. It's the birthplace of the doppelgänger." Klaus explained her.

"Well, how could you? You betrayed me and fled England before I could give you the details, Katerina. But I did find your birthplace and I slaughtered your family. So I guess we're cool. Let's just hope that Elena isn't as stupid as you were."

"She won't run. She'll die before she lets anyone that she loves get hurt." Katerina said.

"And that's exactly what I'm counting on." Klaus said then compelled her before leaving. "You can't leave until I tell you to."

***

Elena and Elijah were in a car, while Elena was parking the car, Elijah was drinking a blood bag.

"You look better." She said, breaking the silence.

"Where did you get the dagger?" He asked calmly.

"I'll tell you everything but we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word."

"Your ability to make demands has long passed." He said while keeping his vision focused on the empty blood bag.

"No demands. I'm offering my help. And in returns, I want yours."

"And while would I even consider this?" He asked calmly, now looking at her.

"The same reason that you haven't killed me. You need my help to kill Klaus and I need you." Elena said.

"He's here."

"Klaus is here?"

"He's taken over Alaric's body."

"Of course he has. One of his favorite tricks."

"Well, what are his other tricks? What is he going to do next? You're the only one who knows him."

"Yes, I do."

***

Elijah and Elena were now in the Lockwood Mansion, thanks to Elijah's compulsion, Carol Lockwood gave him one of the suits she had from her husband.

"So, I assume that the Martin witches are no longer with us." He said calmly.

"No. I'm sorry."

"And Katerina? She would have been released from my compulsion when I died." Elijah said without showing any kind emotion, even if he was worried about his Katerina.

"Klaus took her. We think that she may be dead."

"I doubt that. Not Klaus's style. Death would be too easy for her after what she did." Elijah said calmly.

"I don't understand. You say that you want Klaus dead. But, you still made Kathrine pay for betraying him." Elena said confused.

"I have my own reasons for wanting Katerina to pay. There was a time... I'd have done anything for Klaus." Elijah said and told her about the night when he introduced Klaus to Katerina. "Yes. Klaus is my brother."

"I heard that. I'm still processing."

"Yes, I'm a little behind on the times, but I believed the term you searching for is O.M.G." Elijah said and took a sip of his tea.

***

Damon decided to take Andie to Alaric's place, for a little investigation. Katerina heard them in the hallway and tried to open the door but can't, thanks to the compulsion. Eventually, Damon opened the door, making Damon and his girlfriend be facing Katerina.

"Thank God!"

"Wow! You were right. She looks exactly like Elena." Andie said while getting in.

"Yep." Damon said and tried to get in but can't, then looked at Katerina. "I thought you might be dead."

"Unfortunately not." Katerina said.

***

"Hey, Jenna. Thank you so much for not going to the Grill." Stefan said while entering in the Gilbert's house.

"Um, Stefan..."

"No, listen. I can explain." Stefan said and that was when he noticed that Jenna was looking at someone behind him, making him turn around and see Klaus.

"Hi, Stefan. How's it going?" Klaus said.

While this was happening, Elijah was explaining the origin of the vampires and specially how his family became the Originals.