12. Papa Tunde

No One's POV

It was now 1919 and things were going perfect for the Originals (not all but most of them), for the first time since they turned, they found a place where they felt like home and were happy. Their home was not just the French Quarter, but also New Orleans.

Rebekah and Marcel were together, even if it was against Niklaus's wishes, Niklaus was ruling New Orleans in secrecy, Kol was daggered because in 1914 Niklaus found out that he was plotting against him, Elijah was finally in a place where he didn't had to fight all the time and could be with his books and his thoughts and Caroline loved New Orleans and how's all filled with music.

In order to Niklaus continued to rule New Orleans in secrecy, he had to make arrangements with the werewolves in the city.

"Make yourselves at home. Mayor O'Connell appears to be late but there's much to discuss so I shall begin." Elijah said while the 3 men appeared and seat down.

"One moment, please, brother." Niklaus said, while coming down the stairs. "You know how much I enjoy these innocent little gatherings."

"Do not troubled. Despite my brother's reputation, I can assure you we invited you here in peace. You have my word." Elijah said and seat down.

"And, lucky for you, my brother always keeps his word." Niklaus said then looked at the 2 mans in front of him and added with a smirk. "You two are from the Carrera crime family, a brutish pack from thieves and killers. And that's nothing compared to what you became in a full moon, is it?"

"Yes, yes... Of course a bite from your kind is not lethal to an Original. Conflict between us would not end well for you at all. Let's state our proposal here. My brother and I control the ports of the city but with prohibition soon be law of the land will be a certain uptick in the kind of federal presence we prefer to avoid. Therefore, I'd like to suggest a system whereby, under our supervision, of course, The Carrera family can traffic alcohol into the city of New Orleans for a profit we would still be in charge but our rule would remain a secret." Elijah said and then was interrupted by someone clapping, making everyone's attention be in a man with a white suit and a black hat.

"This all sounds very good, but tell me. How it will benefit the witches?"

"I'm sorry, this is a private meeting."

"Yes, four kings of the city, but I too am a king and I have rules." He said with a big smirk.

"I'm impressed. You're either quite ambitious or quite mad." Niklaus said then asked. "What's your name, mate?"

"I'm Alphonz Bellatunde Delgallo, Papa Tunde to my followers. And I come to ask that the witches be granted fair tribute for allowing your existence in our city." He said, making Klaus look at his brother with a smile, trying not to laugh.

"Are you suggesting that you speak for the French Quarter witches?" Elijah asked.

"I do now and I expect our future negotiations to go very smoothly, as a guarantee, I brought a gift." He said and a young man put in the table the gift of Papa Tunde. "I wait till the next gathering."

And with that he left, and Niklaus went to open the gift.

"I suppose we'll need a new mayor." Niklaus said, looking at the head of their mayor.

Niklaus quickly decides to try to be friend with Papa Tunde, in order to find his weakness so he could destroy him. With the help of Marcellus, he finds out that Papa Tunde channels two twin witches who always accompany him, so he kills them to get rid of his rival.