Chapter 39: Date

Sehun pulled me out the hotel, hand in hand as we walked to the streets of Paris.

I don't care if he's holding my hand or not... the thing here is I'm happy, and that is all that counts.

He looked down at me and I looked up at him, we both smiled at the same time. And I can't wipe the happiness off my face. I am really really happy seeing him here.

"So..." I started. "How is your piano practices going on?" I asked in a very simple way, trying to remind him that he has to practice.

Sehun pouts his lower lip, "I'm really sorry. I really can't practice without you." He cheesily said making me feel goose bumps after. "After all, you're the reason my fingers want to play the piano."

I slapped his shoulder lightly, "Yahh. Can you please lessen the cheese?" I chuckled.

Sehun smiles widely at me, his eyes wrinkling because of our cringy situation.

Feeling the crisp scent of Paris, I closed my eyes as I took slow steps, Sehun also decreasing his steps to level my pace. He then started to swing our hands together, playing in each step we take.

"Minjung-ah..." He suddenly calls my name. Funny how I heard it that sweet.

"Hmm?" I opened my eyes and looked up to see him.

His eyes was shining brightly as he looked forward, the lake we were about to cross was just a few meters away.

He sighs, pressing his lips in a hesitant way.

I pouted my lips slightly, shaking his hand to wake him up to say whatever he has to. "Yahh..." I reminded.

At last feeling comfortable, Sehun looked down at me and like speaking with our eyes, we both slowed down more. His brows furrowed slightly as he spoke, "I know we've known for about..." He thought. "A month? I really don't know but..." He trails off, cutting and giving me cliffhangers. "I feel like I've known you since forever." He awkwardly says, making me smile involuntarily and I don't know the reason why.

"And so?" I tilted my head to the side.

"Well..." He pouts his lips a bit, looking at where we were walking to again, "I really want to know how you see me." He suddenly asks, scratching his nape shyly with his other free hand.

I was taken aback a slight, trying to make this into a joke, "What made you think of that? Do I look like a more mother to you?" I chuckled.

But he frowned. Sehun stops causing me to stop on my tracks, too.

We were both on top and in the middle of a bridge where a long river runs under.

"I'm serious, Minjung." He shakes my hand, taking my other hand with his other.

He looked down at me, I awkwardly averting my eyes somewhere.

"Minjung." He shakes both of my hands, trying to catch my attention. So I looked up at him with my eyes widen, "Hmm?"

I know I shouldn't feel this way, it's just going to make more misunderstandings. I can feel Sehun's heavy heart, and he needed to ask me something to make him feel better and to get things clearer, but I don't know what to say without offending him.