Chapter 69: Guilty

I groaned...

My body feels heavier than it was the last time.

Having the atmosphere feel familiar to me, I slowly opened my eyes seeing the ceiling.

Still blurry eyed, I narrowed my sight to clear. Took seconds to finally see what's around me.

I brought my knuckles to my eyes to rub the sleep off it. "Huh? Soohyuk's room?"

As if on cue, the door opened and went in my husband holding a tray on his hand.

"Omo... You're already awake." He smiles at me.

I nodded slowly, "Yeah." My voice still feels raspy, I could feel my throat dry and I try to swallow some of my saliva but I guess I have none.

Soohyuk closed the door behind him before walking towards me. "Are you feeling better?" He asks.

"Worse." I'm sorry, I had to be honest.

He chuckles slightly, taking a chair and placed it beside the bed. "I cooked you lunch."

My eyes widen a bit, "Lunch? What time is it?" I asked.

He fished his phone and unlocked to check the time, "Uhh... 1 pm."

I raised my hand to cover my eyes as I spoke raspy, "What?"

He sighs, "Okay, okay... Enough with that." Soohyuk places the tray on the bed side table before he helps me to sit up. "Time for you to eat, you know you're losing your cute cheeks-"

"Honey..." I cut in, my eyes zoning out somewhere else.

He furrows his brows.

"Where's Choco?" I asked in a mono toned voice, trying to feel something yet I couldn't.

Silence then filled the air. Once again, the sadness flowed in.

I shook my head slowly, "Choco..." I sighed, "Choco is still in here, right?" I fooled myself, holding my stomach.

Turning my head to look at Soohyuk, he bent his neck, looking down his eyes.

My eyes again was filled with tears, "Soohyuk." I called out his name.

He sighed as he lifted his arm to hold my hand, tighten his grip. "Minjung..." The tune in his voice thin.

I looked at him.

"When... When you- *sniff*" He tries to speak, but he shook his head. Eyes swelling up again, Soohyuk looks at me. "I spoke to the, uhh... I spoke with the motorbike driver."

My brows furrowed, forcing myself not to cry.

"It looks like..." Soohyuk swallows a lump on his throat. "The bike had lost its brakes." He tells the story with the most expressionless face. "When it hit you, we took you to the hospital... And you lost a lot of blood."

I was getting nervous, still hoping and hoping that Choco is alright.

Soohyuk bit his lip, averted his eyes before he bent down his head. "And we lost Choco..." He said weakly, the tune of his voice whispering.