Chapter 1- A Sharpe Interuption

Shock erupted upon the man's features, fear evidently showing. Carters hands coil around his neck, pressuring the air from within to escape. The untitled man lets out a small whimper; he had attempted to fight back but soon gave up. Carter was too strong. A burst of laughter appeared behind us, reminding me of the club scenery we were in. I shuffled awkwardly, I knew I should be thankful to my rescuer, the man had indeed attempted to take me to his house unwillingly, but I knew who followed Carter. I knew who he worked for. The heart-break of my life- fucking Damon Sharpe.

And just like that, as if beckoned by my thoughts he pushed past me towards the man. Carter shuffled aside, not releasing his grip on their prey; whose eyes widened at the sheer beast before him. It came as no surprise, everyone was threatened by Damon, the simple size of him caused grown men to whimper like a child. Mix a 6ft 5 size with a horrendous temper (along with the strength to match) and there you have it, Damon Sharpe. I scoffed dramatically, hiding the truth of my inner-turmoil.

Truth is, the utter sight of him caused my panties to dampen and legs to clench. Despite the monstrous mess he was, he was fucking beautiful. Sculpted by the finest gods around, what with his knife-like jawline and piercing eyes. One muscle infused arm protruded upwards, grasping the area in which Carter previously marked. I moved to turn and leave, frustrated at the audacity he had to simply take control of the situation. I'm perfectly capable of handling myself. As my heels clapped the floor, a sudden head flick from Damon had Carters hand gripped to me as if I was his only life source.

"Everyone in this town knows better than to mess with me, and what's mine." Damon practically growled to the man, pointing at me as he announced his 'ownership'. Most of the women in this joint would quite literally murder to be in my position right now, as shocking as that seemed. But his words, they only infuriated me. How dare he refer to me as if I was one of his possessions, a pawn in his gang-game? Glaring daggers into his back I resisted the urge to break from Carters solid hold and kick the man. His new found victim swiftly apologised weakly, angering me even more. It only adds to his arrogance.

A sudden glint of silver had my heart stopping. A small pen knife threatened the very existence of the man as Damon pressed it dangerously close to his neck, the bulging veins standing cold. "Be a good one and remember, you don't get another chance." Once again the frightened look had the man grasping for breath and lowering his gaze. In one clumsy movement, he pushed past us, rushing to escape further torture from the daunting criminal.

As his hurried footsteps dismantled away, all that was heard was the echo of music vibrating through the back walls of the bar, where the man first grabbed me. Once again tension rises so thickly in the air that my breaths begin to quicken. Carters grasp had settled, but not left.

"I don't need you following my every step Damon." I ventilate angrily. Watching his chest rise slowly, he turns to face me. His features hit me like a train, freezing my blood. He was ridiculously good looking, so much it sometimes took my breath away. This was one of those instances. I once loved that face, it brought me joy, hope. But now it only brought hatred and pain. "You clearly fucking do if you can't even go to a bar by yourself without attracting danger."

His cold tone had my stomach feeling as if it deepened within my body with every vowel. It always felt like this, I didn't know why. For the past 6 years all he had done was use that tone, and every time it affected me the same way. "I'm perfectly capable of handling myself." I responded, not backing down from a fight. Everyone was scared of Damon Sharpe, but not me. He didn't intimidate me, he just frustrated me, even saddened me at times. Stepping closer to me he breathed against my neck. "Clearly- you're a fucking burden, you know that Saige?" I laughed sarcastically. A burden? A fucking burden, he traced me like a hound, I could never do anything without his shadow trailing me.

He was always there, preventing any interaction with any of the male species. Honestly, the selfishness of the man had me screaming into pillows, he constantly reminded me of his dis-taste for me, yet continued to interrupt my everyday life with this sort of shit.

"I never ask for any of your bullshit, just leave me alone!" An icy tone laces my words as I turn to storm back towards the safety of a hundred drunken bodies. Out of the corner of my eyes I see a slight smirk paste across his features.

The fucking arrogance.

~~~~~~

VOTE AND COMMENT