Chapter 24- Ultra-Sound, Ultra-Happy

"Stop fucking biting your nails." I harshly whispered, digging an elbow into Damons side. We were sat waiting at the doctors for my check up, just a general check up to see how the baby was doing, and I honestly can say I've never seen him so fucking anxious. In true Damon style, he simply ignored me and carries on shaking his leg while ripping apart his fingers. I just laughed to myself, shouldn't this be the other way around?

"Come on in, Saige." The doctor poked his head around the door, immediately Damon stood up, all but dragging me along with him to the office. Rolling my eyes at Damons antics, I smiled sweetly at the doctor before entering and sitting down, a lot more calmer than Damon had.

"Okay, before we start, I'd like to talk briefly about the results from your recent blood test." The doctor said, a professional smile painted on his face. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Damons face drop in worry, causing me to inwardly laugh. Of course he would immediately jump to the worse conclusion. "Was everything okay?" He all but blurted out. My subconscious slapped her forehead. Give the man a chance Damon. The doctor looked taken aback, of course everyone was immediately intimidated by the large and muscly man beside me.

"I'm sorry, you'll have to excuse him, he's on his period." I said with a straight face, biting my lip as I noticed Damons head snap straight in my direction. I ignored it and continued looking at the doctor. "Don't worry." Doctor Gibbs laughed "Your husband is acting the way every soon to be father should." I smiled at the mistake the doctor had made.

"Oh he's not-" I began but was swiftly cut off by Damon. "You'll have to excuse my wife, the hormones are obviously getting to her." He said, not removing his eyes from mine. I felt my cheeks slightly redden, before swiftly returning my focus back to doctor Gibbs. "Most things appeared to be in check with your bloods,  you are, however, slightly anaemic so I'll prescribe you some supplements, but other than that everything is fine." He smiled, and I relaxed, not even knowing I had been tense.

Damons hand rubbed my thigh lovingly and I moved to place my hand on his and he immediately began rubbing my skin with his thumb. "Now if you'd like to come lie on the bed, I'll get the nurse in to perform an ultra-sound." I grinned excitedly, I was yet to have my first ultra sound and the excitement of seeing our child for the first time had me nerves racing.

Standing up, I do as the doctor asked and laid down, Damon at my side. Soon enough a curly, red haired nurse came bounding in, a grin almost as big as mine on her face. "Hello Saige, am I right by saying this is the first ultrasound?" She asked, just as much happiness in her voice as I had expected. I nodded eagerly as she began moving things around and preparing each item. "Just lift your shirt up." She said, swivelling a chair to move closer to me. Damons hand moved for mine and he held it lovingly. I looked up at him smiling.

"Okay this will be a little cold." She said before rubbing the clear jelly across my abdomen gently. I jumped slightly as the unfamiliar coldness hit my skin, but soon relaxed as she fiddled around with the screen. Not looking at me, she placed the 'tool' on my abdomen and began swivelling it around.

After a few dreadfully long minutes she looked away from the screen. "Okay everything looks fab." She smiled before twisting the screen to be in front of me and Damon. Pointing, she happily smiled at us both. She clearly loved her job, being able to be a part of a couples beginning everyday. "And there is your baby." Her smile only expanded as she witnessed our immediate reactions.

My eyes were lost in the screen, my head in a different world. I let out a loving sigh, "Oh my god."  Looking at Damon, he was too engulfed by the screen in front of us, before looking into my eyes once more, awe evidently clear in them.

"I'll give you two a few minutes." She said before exiting the room, a clear skip in her stop. I inwardly noted at how lovely the woman seemed.

"I can't believe that's our child." Damon breathed out in a voice I'd only heard a few times before. He was lost for words, and trust me when I say that, that was rare with Damon.

"Damon?" I asked gently, my eyebrows furrowed. Oh god, could I really come out with what I had to say next? He looked at me, his expression clearly saying 'yes?'.

"I can't see anything." I whined out at last, ah yes, and the mother of the year award goes straight to me, my speech was already written and prepared. I'm telling the god damn truth when I say I didn't know what the fuck I was looking at, and god did it upset me.

"Saige." He all but chuckled. "She's right there."  He pointed at a lighter blob on the screen. I looked at the blob, confused as to how that was a child. Asif reading my mind he continued with "Saige, you're 6 weeks pregnant, she's not exactly grown yet."

I frown at my stupidity, but quickly pick up on something I had forgotten in the previous statement. "She?" I smiled, squeezing the hand that was so loving placed on top of mine.

"I have a feeling she's a she." His boyish smile painted a proud face across his features and I all but melted on the spot. I had seen Damon as many things, sexy, dangerous, arrogant, a damn sex god, but adorable? This was a first.

Grasping his cheek I pushed his head down, forcing our lips to join in a sweet, brief, but tender kiss. I pulled away, his smiling face drowning out everything in the room.

I couldn't ask for anything to be any different.

*********

After wiping my stomach and clearing up the monitor, the doctor once again returned into the room, clapping his hands as he entered. "Like I said everything seems to be going smoothly, I'll just prescribe you some supplements for your anemia, and just some other general vitamins for your baby and send you on your way." He smiled as the prescription whizzed out of the printer.

"Do you have a few helpful leaflets hanging around." Damon asked in a serious tone, but I couldn't help but inwardly laugh. Damon, the leader of a gang, ruthless killer, feared by all, asking for 'a few helpful leaflets.'

As if I didn't know it before, I knew even more in my mind that this was all I ever wanted. He will make an amazing father, and like they are doing, things will carry on smoothly and happily.

Exiting the doctors office, I felt as if I was being watched but brushed it off, I was far too happy to think about such worrying things. Everything in my life was perfect, the future seemed bright and positive.

Damon squeezed my hand, kissing my cheek as we made our way outside. Everything was going smoothly.

If only I knew how wrong I was.

***********
VOTE AND COMMENT!