Chapter 34- No Longer Mine

Bullets were ringing. Every sound was clouded. I couldn't focus. Couldn't think. One thought was running through my mind, one person. Damon. Through extremely blurred sight I could see him, toppled over. I knew I was screaming, faded figures were running around the room in front of me, passing me, flashes of light blazing the room for seconds before returning to that cold, dull setting.

All of a sudden, I felt the restrictions holding me from reaching Damon loosen and snap, I turned swiftly to see who it was. My eyes were too damp to distinguish the features so I risked my life and ran to Damon as fast as I possibly could. "No, no no no." I kept repeating over and over again as I made my way to his slackening body. I felt a hand grab my shoulder but shoved it off quickly, bending down to Damon as his head lowered and lowered.

I placed my hands on his cheeks delicately, lifting his head up to look at me. Blood was escaping him at a rapid pace, taunting me as it pooled around the wound, drenching his clothes. "Damon look at me, stay awake baby stay with me." I begged, pushing the tears back and focusing on what was important. Damon. His eyes were barely open, but as soon as he felt my thumb rub his cheek, they grew wider.

He leaned in to my touch slightly. "Saige." He murmured out. I looked down at his wound and grimaced. Dark blood was seeping out at a dangerous rate. Bullets were still flying around us, but we were in our own separate world. Together.

I swiftly removed my shirt and bunched it over the wound, applying slight pressure. "I'm so sorry, this is all my fault." I once again cried as I stated my reality. This was all my fault. Damon wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me. He was loosing blood, fast. He knew this.

"Saige.. stop." He breathed out, not sounding like the usual strong man he does. "You're going to be okay, I'm so sorry." I cried further, kissing his forehead, so much love and regret radiated off of my kiss, he could feel the pain erupting from me. I stalled at his forehead, full appreciating the feel of him.

"Sauce, go in my left pocket." I pulled back, confused but then assumed he meant his phone was in there. Ringing an ambulance might give him some hope, if they get here quick enough. The bullets had reduced, I refused to look around me to see what was happening. I was too scared. Scared for what I would see, but more importantly, scared that if I turned back around, Damon would no longer be breathing.

I gently slid my hand into his left pocket, the fabric tugged on my fingers as I attempted to pull out the first object I felt. When I pulled it out, I discovered that it was not a phone. It was a small, black and cuboid shaped box with a soft silk outline. "Damon what is this?" I looked at it, turning it around in my fingers. "Damon where's your phone?" I repeated. He didn't respond to my first question, he just simply stared at the box, pain in his eyes.

"Give it to me." I quickly complied, handing him the foreign object. I began inhaling and exhaling quicker than ever, I think deep down I knew what it was, but my mind refused to register in this moment of pain. He rubbed his finger gently across the box, I watched as he did so. "Saige look at me." My eyes were on his. Showing only sadness and love.

"Will you marry me?"

My lungs crashed, my heart stopped. As soon as he said the words I felt arms grab me and pull me back. I screamed and thrashed my arms, attempting to pull them off. I could see that there were more people surrounding Damon, pulling the ropes off of his arms. "Get off of him!" I screamed in disgust, why couldn't they just fucking leave him the fuck alone?!

"Saige." I heard my name being repeated in a serious tone and soon snapped out of my dazed state. I turned to look at the person to the left at me, gripping my arms.

"Father?" Was I hallucinating? Was this real? To the left of me I could clearly see my father, looking at me worriedly, desperate for my understandable attention. "Wha- how?" I asked, and at this point took the time to look around quickly. A majority of the mafia were dead, many of Damons gang members were here, gun splattered on their clothes and faces. But how? How the fuck had they known we were here, in trouble? They got here so quickly?