Chapter 27- The Mafias Game

My head whipped back as the car sped through on coming traffic, the engine roaring as the tires dragged effortlessly across the road. "What the fuck happened Saige?" Damons voice was angry, I could tell he was desperate to put a bullet through any bastards head who had touched me. "How long have I been gone?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"God damnit Saige you better fucking answer me-"

"How long was I out Damon!" I shouted, causing him to swerve on the road as he turned to look at me. God he was pissed, not at me, but the situation. "4 hours." He spoke through a clenched jaw and gritted teeth.

There was a slight silence as I breathed a breath of relief. I wasn't gone long, I wasn't out long. "Saige, who fucking took you?" His hands were gripped on to the steering wheel, the cars pace quickened.

"Jesus Damon slow down, I don't fucking know!" My hands pushed through my hair, adrenaline and stress had mixed together, blinding my thoughts. "Italian, he said his name was Luciano, The Fang or something." I muttered, my mind clearing.

I was lunged forward abruptly, almost slapping my head on the dashboard. Damon had pressed the brake suddenly, I turned to shout abuse at him but was stopped by the look of pure terror on his face. Suddenly, he changed gears, reversing, before speeding off once more in the direction to our home. "Damon what the fucks going on, slow down."

He turned to look at me. "Listen to me Saige, when we get to my house, pack your things, we are leaving immediately." He ordered, his words remaining monotone. "What are you talking about Damon, we can't ju-"

"Saige this is non fucking negotiable, get your fucking things." The brakes were once slammed on as we reached outside his house.
"Damon no, we need to talk about this."

"I swear to god Saige I will take you over my shoulder if I have to!" He practically roared. I stayed silent, my stubborn arse pushing him to his boundaries. He remained stationary, eyes glued on mine as his car died down in front of his house. "You aren't just thinking about yourself Saige, you're having our fucking baby."  His words were quieter now, but the anger laced through them had not deceased.

"Damon please, my family are here, my friends, I can't raise my child away from them- and to just hop and leave out of the blue?" My voice cracked slightly, I didn't need any of this shit right now. I know what's best, and I know he's probably right, but I can't give up on everything because a group of petty criminals kidnapped me for a few hours. My life was here, here. Damons life was here.

"You have 24 hours Saige, 24 fucking hours." He pretty much whispered before exiting the car and coming round to my side. Opening the door, he slid his arms under me, his touch gentle and caring, hauled me up into his arm bridal style, and entered the house. He placed me on the counter, kissed my forehead and moved to go upstairs for, I presume, a shower.

I sat there in silence, soaking everything he had said in. Did I really have to leave? Why is it that as soon as me and Damon are happy, atlast, the rest of the world decided to become a stinking pile of shit? Hopping off the counter to take my vitamins, I broke down. Tears dripped among the counter as I rested my head against my arms, crying silently, but surely.

I suddenly felt a soft grasp on my shoulder, and soon enough I was turned into Damons embrace. The way he held me, it made me feel so safe, I was safe in his arms. So why did we have to leave? He gripped my waist and hair, pushing me into him as far as he could, as if he would loose me if I let go. My cries increased slightly, before levelling off to the rubbing of my hair. I broke apart slightly, still in his arms, but now visible to see him.

Frowning, he wiped my tears and then cupped my cheek. I leaned in to the touch, grateful for the love radiating off of him. "I can't loose you." My insides stiffened, the fear in his voice, I'd never heard him sound so weak, so powerless, so lost.