Chapter 5- Coffee Conflict

"Saige! Wake up its okay, it's just a bad dream." The soothing voice of my mother rushes into my mind, abruptly awakening me from the horrors awaiting my sleep. I sat up gently, tears soaking my face and pillow. My eyes cast over to my mother, whose worried face now scans my features, trying to make sense of my wounds. Looking over to my right, I notice the time. 6:23AM.

My mum's arms wrapped around my shaking body, and once again the tears began to fall. "What happened baby, tell me what's wrong." She cooed, stroking my back with that motherly care. For some strange reason, I was afraid to tell her, almost embarrassed. I knew it would only cause further protection, but I had to release the pain. It had only been a few hours and I was already screaming in my sleep.

"I was out, Damon, he was coming, I was drunk." I sobbed into her chest. "Men mum, two men tried to rape me, they dragged me, hit me." More tears fell as I clung onto my mother's frozen body. She didn't know how to respond, "Damon, he saved me, they didn't succeed, but, I was so scared." Every revelation came out between deep inhales, exhales. Sobbing hopelessly. I felt a soft hand stroking my hair gently.

"Shhh, mummy's here, I love you so much I'm so sorry we weren't there to protect you." Her voice cracked, I could tell she was trying to be strong but the pain of understanding her baby girl had gone through such a thing was too much. Every mother protects their children with their lives, its maternal instinct. This pained her.

"No mum, it doesn't matter, it could have happened to anyone." Lifting my head from her chest I wiped my eyes, removing the salty liquid in effort to clear my eyesight. She stroked my face tenderly, love seeping through her eyes. "I love you." She whispered. "I love you too."

We sat silently hugging one another for what felt like hours, but in actual fact was only about 10 minutes. Hugging until eventually I broke the silence, my cracked voice strengthening slowly, "Please don't tell Anwar, or dad, I don't want more blood on their hands. Please mum, I know what they'll do, I'll never be free." I pleaded, staring deeply into her eyes.

She looked down, contemplating the idea of hiding something so serious. Keeping from my father the fact that I was attacked, almost raped, it would be devastating if he found out. But he wouldn't. Searching for any sign of weakness, she suddenly sighed. "Very well darling, I won't tell them, now, do you want me to stay with you, or will you be okay by yourself?" She asked, pulling the quilts back up.

It reminded me of when I was a small child, afraid by a nightmare. She would tenderly tuck me in, calming down. However this wasn't a nightmare. It was real life hell. "No, I'll be fine mum, thank you." She kisses me on the head as I drift off into the unforgiving realm of sleep.

~~~

"I'm setting off Liam, yep, getting in now." My phone was pressed against my shoulder, allowing me access to the speakers. Hopping in to my car I checked the mirror, messing around with my crimson lipstick. "See you in a bit." I ended the call. It had been a week since the incident, I had barely heard a single thing from Damon.

Liam, my other best friend, had arranged for a coffee catch-up. To be honest, when he first asked I was close to saying no, I hadn't left the house and I didn't plan on changing that fact. However soon enough, the boredom overruled any other wishes, so coffee it was.

I had left my brunette hair to descend in its natural waves, throwing on my black turtleneck and white silk dress. Finishing the outfit off with my forest green puffer coat, ring choker and heeled black booties. I didn't bother with makeup today, I never really spent too much time/effort with it.

Stepping into the adorable miniature café we had decided on, I immediately saw Liam stand up, gleaming his best smile in my direction. His dirty blonde hair was pushed back off of his face, highlighting his god-like features. He was incredibly handsome; a sexy solemn face, penetrating blue eyes and designed cheekbones. But I never saw him in that way, he had been my best friend for a very long time, I'd hate if anything affectionate occurred between us, he was too close.